Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

30mw laser from Deal Extreme

b00rb

I was going to buy one of Deal Extremes' True 30mw laser, but I was wondering if anyone knows how to put/make an IR filter on this laser. Also, can anyone post a video or tell me about the average strength of this thing? Also, I'm getting this laser for free, courtesy of Gaming Lagoon, but I'm not sure if I should go for this one, or the 50mw (not true) laser.

Razako

The true 30 is probably better. Read the reviews for them both before deciding. Also the Dealx lasers have crappy/no ir filters so be careful with them.

Greebo

Bought one a few months ago. With a fresh set of batteries, i *was* able to pop a sharpied balloon at a distance of about 2 foot. Unfortunatly i dropped it and now im getting the dimming problem that a lot of ppl are talking about on the DX forums. It still works fairly well, the beam is still bright but theres a bit of speckling noticable. For about $30 it is still a good deal. Ive heard conflicting stories re IR filter but im guessing that if it has one, for a $30 laser it wouldnt be the best.

i've personally tested three of the true 30 lasers and only one i tested was outputting some noticeable IR. All the lasers tested over 30mw with one model peaking at over 50 :eek:

They DO have an ir filter its just not a quality one so it still would let thru some ir, not much tho and it spreads out like a flaslight so after 3 feet it would be pretty much safe.

..lazer.. ;D ;D ;D