Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

30mW Green Laser Pointer Pen opinions?

Twist

OK so I've bee searching the forums and one recommended laser website store was laserlands.net, and off I went to have a look and found a 30mW green laser which is at an amazing price, however the price can put you off when it comes to quality.

Check it out and give me your opinions:

30mW Green Laser Pointer Pen

Obviously it will only be a improvement from my 1mW laser which is still quite powerful but is the one above much better. Will the beam be much improved? and why is the price so low compared to other 30mW green laser pointers?

Thanks,

Last edited:

Toke

One problem is that low cost 0-50mW lasers, particular pen-style are rarely power tested.
You could just as well buy 5mW pens from ebay, they will be somewhere between 1 and 40-50mw.

I recommend that you get some goggles and a good quality tested first laser.

Laser Safety Goggles EP1 For 190-540nm & 800-2000nm (Green, IR and Blu-ray Lasers) - Detailed item view - OdicForce Lasers Online Shop
www.rayfoss.com
[url=http://www.rayfoss.com/productn.asp?ArticleID=10]www.rayfoss.com[/URL]

Here are some links to both Odicforce and rayfoss, the later is not as reliable but cheaper.

Toke

Whys this?

Well it is simply a combination of poor quality control and the US limitation of 5mW on import lasers.

It means that the really low end crystal setups will be sold as 5mW no matter what they produce.