Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

30mW green Diode need help wiring

Hi there,

I purchased a 30 mW green laser. It's a diode with two wires positive and ground. What I am trying to do is upgrade a red 5mW diode with this one in my PEQ-15 box. This is a replica laser box used by the military which I will be using for airsoft.

If you look at this youtube link, Custom PEQ15 Laser - YouTube you can see where I got the idea from.

Anyone know how I should wire this? I assumed red is power black is ground and wired it to a lithium CR123 battery thinking it would turn on but didn't.

Anyone have ideas? If I can get this diode to turn on I will be able to complete the rest.

Thanks

Well first of all, is it a diode or a module? Can you measure its diameter? There's no green diodes available so it may be fake, or just wrong information...
Second, you can't just run power into things and expect them to work. You need something called a driver, usually green modules are purchased with those already attached... this regulates current into the laser. Chances are if you direclty powered it that way, you killed it.

Well first of all, is it a diode or a module? Can you measure its diameter? There's no green diodes available so it may be fake, or just wrong information...
Second, you can't just run power into things and expect them to work. You need something called a driver, usually green modules are purchased with those already attached... this regulates current into the laser. Chances are if you direclty powered it that way, you killed it.
can I email you a photo of it? I was able to just get it to power on.

If you can, upload it to imageshack (or the forums itself in 800x600 size) and embed it with html so everyone else can see, I'm no wiring expert myself but I can certainly pump out some questions they'll ask before they can help.
You say you got it to work... its not a diode then, its a module so you weren't ripped off. Instead of asking a ton of questions just take a picture of the bottom of your laser. It should have a small circuit board, if it does not please stop trying to power the module as you will probably break it.

Fiddy

theres a small switch on the driver you have to press on the driver to turn it on after connecting power.