Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3 watt handheld IR laser

ixfd64

Technically, it isn't a scam, because 2,999 mW falls into the <3,000 mW category, and so does 0.1 mW.

Disma and Blue you guys guessed the output almost exactly. Whilst plugged in this laser reads 505mW. When unplugged it reads 330mW.

Switch

Unplugged? Can it be hooked to an external power supply aswell as batteries? :-/

Anyway I see that he changed the page since I last saw it, or so I remeber...

"Modulation Mode: NA" LOL :D
It would be cool to have a 3W handeheld burner like that, I wonder why aren't they available.I mean, the RPLs use a 2.5 Watt 808nm diode.Why don't they make IR RPLs? Sure it would have bad beam specs and TEM99 modulation but with adjustable focus I'd still give 500-600 bucks to have 2500mW burning laser power in the palm of my hand :D

ngiapy

i noticed the dot looks violet, isn't it supposed to be a faint red colour

IR dots look different to different people, and especially different to cameras, as different people and different cameras have greatly varying sensitivity to it.
Overly, in a camera, it will look white or bluish, to the naked eye, yes, dark red.

Switch, talk to pseudonomen137, I think he can sell them.

It has a built in battery. To charge it you just plug the cord into the laser. The battery must be crappy because while plugged in the laser is stable at 500mW. Unplugged I get 350mW and it is very unstable.

Switch

BlueFusion said:
IR dots look different to different people, and especially different to cameras, as different people and different cameras have greatly varying sensitivity to it.
Overly, in a camera, it will look white or bluish, to the naked eye, yes, dark red.

Oh I would if I had that kind of cash lying around....or better yet, in my account ;D

Aseras

Switch said:
It would be cool to have a 3W handeheld burner like that, I wonder why aren't they available.I mean, the RPLs use a 2.5 Watt 808nm diode.Why don't they make IR RPLs? Sure it would have bad beam specs and TEM99 modulation but with adjustable focus I'd still give 500-600 bucks to have 2500mW burning laser power in the palm of my hand :D

I have an IR RPL. I made it out of a rpl 260 though. good for 2.8-2.9 watts out of the end, and it's focus adjustable and colliminated. it's actually a round dot and if you focus it down will catch almost anything on fire.

I'd sell it for $500 to the right person.

Aseras

BlueFusion said:

it'll always look red to everyone. the ~3watts out of the rpl looks dimmer than a 5mw red pointer. but when it sits still things start smoking and then if they go incandescent it gets very bright white and will light up a room.

cameras that have the ir filter removed will see it as red. if the camera has an ir filter it appears as a whitish blue/violet.

That doesn't make any sense. Wouldn't the prime objective of the camera manufacturer be to capture light as it appears to the eye?

Aseras

Cyparagon said:
That doesn't make any sense. Wouldn't the prime objective of the camera manufacturer be to capture light as it appears to the eye?

depends on the type of CCD or CMOS and what the white balance is. Most digital camera's are VERY sensitive to IR up to 1300nm which is why they all have IR filters.