Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3 motor speed contro??? and pots!

caleb

im going to build a lasre show with 3 motors/mirrors. i just cant work out how to make the speed controller, the motors are 1.5-5V.
i though maybe the attached schematic would work.
do i need any protection or is this a safe circuit, i was going to run 3-4.5V into it.

Potentiometers.
How do i connec tthe wires to the contacts, there is a diagram on the image...
what do contacts A,B,C do?

thanks anyone that can help...

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 152

Kenom

In order to use a potentiometer in this fashion you will need to connect B to either A or C. Then connect your AB/BC to one side and C/A to the other. This setup will work just as you've got it outlined. You may want to throw a 4th potentiometer on your main positive connection to slow all of them down at the same time. I am using 4 100 ohm pots for mine in exactly this configuration.

You really want to do away with this short circuit as well:

;)

Attachments

• scan0001cor.PNG
    scan0001cor.PNG
    30.4 KB · Views: 125
Make sure that your pots can carry the current that your motors need. I got several 100 ohm wirewound pots from an old TV someone threw out. They worked great for my first spirograph. Connect as Kenom said and you'll soon have a good spirograph. Maybe post some photos when done.

caleb

cyparagon. i removed that bit after i started the thread, it just looked pointless.
and, any idea on what pots i should use if i want to run 3 motors with the specs.
1-5V-?V (12V perhaps)
0.28A
i was thinking 25ohm.