Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3 Charger Review -- NiteCore i4 - Fenix ARE-C2 - Efest LUC V4

I've been unsatisfied with the cheap chargers I've had in the past, so I purchased a few chargers searching for one that I really liked. These chargers have already been technically reviewed very well, links below, my review will only be my observations and impressions of these chargers.

attachment.php

NiteCore i4
Review of Charger SysMax/NiteCore i4 V2

Fenix ARE-C2 (I believe these are re-branded or similar chargers)
Review of Charger ThruNite MCC-4

Efest LUC V4
Review of Charger Efest LUC V4 2014

-------------------------------------​

NiteCore i4

You can pick this charger up for about $15 + shipping on amazon and IMO it's probably one of the best chargers you can get for $15. I liked it's versatility being able to charge Lithium ions and Nickel batteries, and it openly supports 10440's given your charging several batteries. The indicator lights give a decent indication of the battery charge level but not much else. Construction seems good but it still has a little bit of a cheap light feel to it.
attachment.php

Fenix ARE-C2

This charger is a step above the NiteCore i4. You can get it for about $40 on amazon. When I received this charger I immediately noticed the weight difference over the NiteCore. Finally having an active voltage display is a huge plus. I really enjoy putting the battery in and knowing the voltage I drained it too as well as getting a better idea of how much more charge time is left. One downside is that I cannot read the screen looking directly at it. I have to view it at an angle to view the LCD screen.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Efest LUC V4

ATM this is my favorite charger. Construction is excellent, the display is crisp, and I love having the option to choose my charge current. The coolest part of this charger though is that it has a USB out, where the charger can go mobile and draw from the charged batteries to feed the USB. I tested it on my wife's Ipad mini and it works. The only downside is that this charger doesn't support Nickel batteries. Just means I will be going back to my other chargers every now and then.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

In summary, a decent charger is worth the $, GL.

Attachments

• DSCN0316.JPG
    DSCN0316.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 6,871
  • DSCN0324.JPG
    DSCN0324.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 7,734
  • DSCN0325.JPG
    DSCN0325.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 7,709
  • DSCN0326.JPG
    DSCN0326.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 8,349
  • DSCN0327.JPG
    DSCN0327.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 8,845
  • DSCN0328.JPG
    DSCN0328.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 6,948
  • DSCN0329.JPG
    DSCN0329.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 9,088
Last edited:

Cheers for the info.

Just thought Id add another good quality charger that doesn't cost a fortune is the XTAR SP2 II. I bought one of these a while back to replace a cheap Ultrafire one that literally went bang!

It doesn't have the battery voltage display, but it does have the USB out function and 2 separate charging modes 0.5 and 1 A (new ones even do 2 A!) :D It also doesn't charge the batteries above 4.19 V and you dont have to worry about trickle charge. All in all I'm very happy with it :)

Here's a review thread.
:beer:

Edit: IIRC it cost around 18 USD (1 year ago)

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more about the Efest LUC V4, I just got one of these myself. Its my third charger and its by far the best one. Illumination Supply is selling these right now for only $30.

Alan

ScottW

Great info. I have an I4 and only complaint was that the slides needed some "lube" to slide freely, otherwise it has worked well. But I hadn't seen the Fenix or Efest before, and really like the additional info from the displays. Being able to use the Efest as portable USB power could come in handy, too.

Thanks for taking time to post this info!

ru124t

I have the I4 Version2 and it is awesome! It will charge everything I have which is a bonus! You can also use a car adaptor and use that to make it a portable charger although I don't recommend using lasers while driving!

Zeebit

I have the i4 and I like it. I don't really care if my charger has and LCD or not. As long as it charges properly, I'm hapy with that.

That guy also has a lot of very good reviews and test on batteries, chargers and flashlights.

Thanks for the info! Really like the first one. I think I'll buy one. LOL, this forum just make my shop list to increase!!!:crackup:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks for the affordable charger comparison Duke, it's good to have all this info. in one place, makes shopping easier. :D

I also have the XTAR SP2 charger that grainde has; excellent little charger!
I must have the newer version, as it has the added 2A capability, great for those 26650's when you're in a hurry!