Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2x 26650 battery holders: where to find them?

I have this idea of buying a Dominator from Blord and using it to turn a prop raygun into something... more active. ;)
But to do that, I will need to insert a pushbutton between the driver and the batteries, which I won't be able to do with the batteries inside the host.

But do 2x 26650 battery holders (of the kind you put the batteries in, then you connect the wires to whatever you like) even exist? Googling "26650 battery holder -alibaba" gives me one page that sells a 1x (NOT 2x) battery holder, posts of people who ask for the same thing, and many spammy pages. Searching "26650 battery holder" on Ebay or Amazon gives me irrelevant results concerning flashlights for sale.

I know I could just get two of those 1x battery holders and connect them in series, but if it's possible, I would prefer a more elegant solution.

ru124t

Well , the redneck solution would be to use a cardboard tube or a piece of pvc pipe. You could always go to radio shack , they usually have something you could MacGyver into a battery holder for sure. Regards from the loonie bin .

ru124t

Well , I say redneck solution but if you know anymore Canadians on here , ask them about us Newfies . They will tell you that rednecks are boy scouts compared to Newfies. Just ask. Regards from the loonie bin.

I have this idea of buying a Dominator from Blord and using it to turn a prop raygun into something... more active. ;)
But to do that, I will need to insert a pushbutton between the driver and the batteries, which I won't be able to do with the batteries inside the host.

But do 2x 26650 battery holders (of the kind you put the batteries in, then you connect the wires to whatever you like) even exist? Googling "26650 battery holder -alibaba" gives me one page that sells a 1x (NOT 2x) battery holder, posts of people who ask for the same thing, and many spammy pages. Searching "26650 battery holder" on Ebay or Amazon gives me irrelevant results concerning flashlights for sale.

I know I could just get two of those 1x battery holders and connect them in series, but if it's possible, I would prefer a more elegant solution.

Is there a specific design you need or type of holder? Do you want them side by side or end to end?
In regards to Alibaba, were you looking to source the product from them? If so, they show them here: 26650 battery holder CE&ROHS, View 26650 battery holder, FILN 26650 battery holder Product Details from Yueqing Yulin Electronic Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com
As I am still new to LPF, I am unsure of any members who my have a 3D Printer but it would definitely be possible to make what you need.

Last edited:
I edited my post to show a link to what it sounds like you are loking for.
Unfortunately, that page says that the minimum possible order is 1000 pieces.

EDIT:
Well, now that I've made a CAD model of what I want to build, it turns out that connecting two 1x battery holders will be the way to go after all, because it gives me more freedom as to where to place the batteries. Still, the battery holder that I linked is inadequate, because it's too long.

EDIT #2:
Jason, thank you for trying to help me, but the battery holder you linked is not made for 26650 batteries, despite the title saying it is.
According to this page, a 26650 battery is 67.72 mm long, with a diameter of 26.25 mm (and those are the measurements are used for my CAD model), but the battery holder you linked has a size of 58 x 26 x 16.5 mm. The description even says "Hold 2 standard AA size batteries".

Last edited:
If you find C cell holders with very sloppy tolerances, maybe you could use that.

C cell is ~26mmx50mm,
26650 is~26mmx65mm

Or you could get a C cell holder, cut it in half, and extend it to fit your cells. Getting into redneck territory here, though.

If you find C cell holders with very sloppy tolerances, maybe you could use that.

C cell is ~26mmx50mm,
26650 is~26mmx65mm

Or you could get a C cell holder, cut it in half, and extend it to fit your cells. Getting into redneck territory here, though.
Or I could use D cell holders instead, considering that a D cell is approximately 34x61 mm. I'd probably have to pad the batteries so that they won't come off, though...

ru124t

Cardboard tube looking better all the time, or a piece of pvc pipe! lol