Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2w Laser Drop

So a couple nights ago, I accidentally dropped my laser on rocks from pocket hight. Yesterday, I noticed that my laser would turn off for about 1 second, then back on. This happens randomly, but now its happening more frequently. What is wrong and what can I do? Any help is greatly appreciated.

What is wrong and what can I do?

Something broke, and probably nothing.

You could buy a new laser and be more careful with it.

You could take it apart and see if you can find what broke.

If it's some Chinese crap made from nonstandard parts that are glued together then just throw it away.

This is why I build my own, I know exactly what's in them and how they are assembled, they are of good quality, they are all fixable, and so far none have needed fixing.

Alan

Yes its the same laser.
I am trying to find out how to build one online, but they are all very different and some require a certian flashlight to put it in. What do you put yours in? are there any videos or instructions that you recommend?

Last edited:
Yes its the same laser.
I am trying to find out how to build one online, but they are all very different and some require a certian flashlight to put it in. What do you put yours in? are there any videos or instructions that you recommend?

Take a look at this Phillip!

It's an easy beginner video on how to build a 1W 445nm laser :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyfrNsoxaQ4

-Alex

That is a good video and an easy build, the C6 is probably the most popular host of all because of its small size and low cost.

Have a look at the white links in my signature, these are good examples of the easiest ways to build a laser, it's best not to go to much DIY on a first build. The most important thing is to become familiar with the parts and know what works together, and to be aware of where things can go wrong. There are also a few tools and supplies you need to have and know how to use properly.

Alan

this will cost about $80 and I dont want to have another blue laser. but thank you so much for the video!
I am looking for a 700mw - 900mw green laser (pointer or box thingy, I dont care) that is under $90.
I do not care wether I need to build it or if I can just buy it

this will cost about $80 and I dont want to have another blue laser. but thank you so much for the video!
I am looking for a 700mw - 900mw green laser (pointer or box thingy, I dont care) that is under $90.

Unfortunately, there is no way you can get 700mW-900mW of green yet in 532 or 520 form(the two most common). The 520 diode alone at that power cost more then $90 :eek:

Have you tried making a red laser?

-Alex

Last edited:
I have not. Honestly, I am going for the brightest and most visible beam. are red lasers less bright than green?

I have not. Honestly, I am going for the brightest and most visible beam. are red lasers less bright than green?

Red lasers are less bright, yes. 635 is the brightest red you can currently get for an affordable cost. That being said, 635 has no chance in brightness when compared to 532 as it's located farther from our eyes peak sensitivity which is "555nm" for daytime(507nm at nighttime). You can try making a build with the 462nm diodes? Those will appear a little brighter then the 635 ones and will have a small light-bluiesh look many members here love :)

Edit: Here are the diodes below, the 1.4W version is the cheapest one.
https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes/ndb7675-1-4w-462nm

-Alex

Last edited:

You're looking at about $350 - $500 for a 520nm of that power even if you buy the parts and build it yourself. A 532nm at that power would usually be even more.

Red lasers are less bright, yes. 635 is the brightest red you can currently get for an affordable cost. That being said, 635 has no chance in brightness when compared to 532 as it's located farther from our eyes peak sensitivity which is "555nm" for daytime(507nm at nighttime). You can try making a build with the 462nm diodes? Those will appear a little brighter then the 635 ones and will have a small light-bluiesh look many members here love :)

Edit: Here are the diodes below, the 1.4W version is the cheapest one.
https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes/ndb7675-1-4w-462nm

-Alex

The M462 diode is $20 cheaper, but that 9mm 462nm is probably a lot harder to kill, some people are way overdriving them.

Alan