Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2W+ 445nm from Photonz

Recently I did a trade with Photonz for his 2.3W 445nm Build for my 520nm Build.
This laser is in a survival laser stainless steel host, using the 445nm 9mm diode running at 2.2-2.4-amps. The heat sink is copper. The lens is a g-2 glass lens for maximum power!

Laser power readings:
Photonz: 2.3W
Styropyro: 2.5W
Me: 2.1-2.2W

This is a nice laser from a member on here. The only problem is that the laser heats up fairly quick due to such a small heatsink. I may either sell this or change the host so it doesn't die from thermal runaway.

PICS:
imagejpg1_zpsf3ad4a9a.jpg

imagejpg2_zps0d533d83.jpg

imagejpg3_zps2fe35a02.jpg

lies lol​
imagejpg4_zps889c58af.jpg

imagejpg5_zps123ed7bb.jpg

imagejpg6_zps4337abe6.jpg

imagejpg7_zpsefd05a89.jpg

imagejpg8_zpsde111800.jpg

Last edited:

Glad you like the laser:beer: You may need better batts to get at least 2.3W. I used some efest IMR ones. Also, what "lies" do you see?:thinking:

The "green laser pointer" box is a lie lol
Glad you like the laser:beer: You may need better batts to get at least 2.3W. I used some efest IMR ones. Also, what "lies" do you see?:thinking:

Oh yea:crackup:, I got that box with a laser I bought from china

I know what you mean, I have almost the same laser and I really like it but you can't have it on for long. Don't let it run until its warm on the outside, stainless steel doesn't conduct heat as well as you would think it should, if its warm on the outside then its very hot inside. I disagree with a 60 second duty cycle, for long life limit it to 45 seconds. If you decide to use 18350 batteries in that be aware they aren't all the same length, there are some that don't fit. Survival Laser also sells an extension tube so you can use two 18650.

Alan

I actually was watching the diode dim out from thermal runaway, it didn't damage it one bit because these 9mms can take a beating. The laser heats up much faster when I put thermal paste on the module and heat sink. You want a laser to transfer heat as best as best as possible. So if your heatsink is warm, that means it's doing it's job. Anyways I'm surprised photonz never used thermal compound, it really helps

Anyways I'm surprised photonz never used thermal compound, it really helps

Check my 3W Maglite build:beer:
The module fit tight into the heatsink with the set screw so I didn't use any thermal paste