Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

$29 laser diode (not a diode bar) that is 10 Watts?!?

(The seller just added some new photos.)

Interesting, I love learning something new all the time :) If I can guess at what the danish translates into, I'm thinking:

Max faldetid 45ns
Maximum Rise Time 10ns

Means that the pulse can last for 10ns, and then the diode must rest for another 45ns before pulsing again?

If so, that would still seem pretty amazing in terms of effective power.

wow..... thats some high frequency pulsing. The driver for one of those would be quite difficult. I can't even think of how to do it. To get a frequency signal like that is.... doible... but to drive a mosfet with that type of signal is a pain in the butt!! This looks fun to play with though. To bad the spectrum isn't visible.

Edit: However... I think that "rise time" might be the characteristics of the diode itself. All mosfets, ICs...ect have defining elements. One is latency (how long it takes for the IC/Chip to react) and rise time (how fast it turns on). So i'm assuming that when he says rise time, hes just saying the diode takes a max of 10ns to turn on. That would be a advertising spec. Because if its rise time is that fast you would be able to PWM it at a high frequency.

Edit2: Sorry, Toke beat me to it...

Last edited:

Toke beat you to it 3 months ago. Please keep an eye on the date of the threads/posts you reply to.