Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

250mW 6x Blu ray laser lighting cigar

Using Mikeeey's 6x pocket mini with 405-G-1 lens to light my cigar :p First time I've ever actually spoken on camera really :eek:

Focal-point for the win ;)
How's the duty-cycle on that small laser? :D.

You been filming that laser before with that camera? (Hence the black 'line' throughout the movie ;P)

Focal-point for the win ;)
How's the duty-cycle on that small laser? :D.

You been filming that laser before with that camera? (Hence the black 'line' throughout the movie ;P)
Quite swell actually :D doesn't heat up much at all. Oh yes! The CCD burn :p happened a few years ago when I had my first high powered greenie :p

R.I.P. my 250mW 6x (the laser in the video)

It just died today actually. I have really bad luck with lasers. It only lived exactly 1 week too.
It doesn't make sense, I just shut off a street light, then clicked it off. Then clicked it on again at my parked car and the dot was huge, like it was unfocused, so I turned it on and looked at the focusing head, but it was in the correct position.. I turned it on again and it flickered and turned off. I assumed it was just the battery, but after changing 3 different batteries it wouldn't turn on. It's dead again!

It was ran at 190mA, a very reasonable current for a 6x GGW. It also never really heated up, I could use it for 2 minutes (never went longer) and it would stay regular temperature.

That's no cigar. It's not a cigar until it's 2cm in diameter... says I.

Really.. i need to get some of those. Where do you go to get yours?

Kinda rare (here at least). Your best bet would be a smoke shop, dollar store, truck stop gas station, etc. Anywhere that has a large selection of tobacco products. Even then I can't guarantee anything :p