Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

250mW 660nm Custom build

I have spent a lot of time working on this build. I especially spent a LOT of time modifying the host to make it one of a kind. It is a shiny, yet rough aluminum with a few clear coats of paint for protection of scratches.

The diode is an open can, and it the lens is a 3 element 660nm AR coated lens. At 20 feet the dot is smaller than half a centimeter when focused to infinity. The beam is 100% circle and is a single mode. I already put teflon tape on the lens, but if wanted, I will also include the aixiz spring. Thermal paste has been added between the module and heatsink for best heat transfer.

The host uses 2x 3.7v CR123A batteries which I will provide. The driver is very stable and only changes a few mA's with a two minute run. This laser can be run for 2 minutes without a problem of heat. I am sure it can be pushed to 5 minutes without any problems.

Sadly, I do not have a LPM to verify the power output as they are so expensive. I know it is NO lower than 200mW and is about 250mW with my experience of red lasers.

I am asking $70 for this build
PM me if you are interested

Here is a video on the build: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyoRNZ05LzI:o

Picture time: (no fog)

Attachments

• SANY0333.JPG
    SANY0333.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 83
  • SANY0334.JPG
    SANY0334.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 100
  • SANY0335.JPG
    SANY0335.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 73
  • SANY0336.JPG
    SANY0336.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 69
  • SANY0337.JPG
    SANY0337.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 73
  • SANY0338.JPG
    SANY0338.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 61
  • SANY0345.JPG
    SANY0345.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 67
  • SANY0346.JPG
    SANY0346.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Helios

I normally do not comment in sale threads but since you mentioned no comments I will tell you why I think that is.

I am asking $100 for this build due to the large amount of time I spent getting everything right.

Although you value your time, I as the potential buyer could not care less about it. I care about the item for sale. Its value is the same whether you spend 30 minutes or 30 years building it. What does effect its value is the other items it is competing against for a sale. At $100 it is very expensive for a used LOC build. You can buy a 200mW Dilda for $30. I recently sold a very nice 800mW 445nm for $99 shipped. I think you will have more interest if you drop the price. Not trying to be mean just trying to help.

Last edited:
There, The price has been lowered. As expected, this is not for somebody looking for the cheapest red laser on the market. This is for somebody who appreciates a nice one of a kind quality build.

I cannot drop the price any more as it cost nearly the same price in parts as the sales price. Unlike a company I cannot mass produce and get my pats for very cheap

Great advice anyhow

$75 is reasonable... It's a nice host (though I'm personally not a fan of the finish).

If you can get it LPMed that would help. Good luck with the sale... be patient:beer:

your sure 75 is reasonable? Where would I get it metered?
--------------------------------------------------------

Update: Price dropped to $70

Last edited:
your sure 75 is reasonable? Where would I get it metered?

IMHO $75 is not a high price for what you're selling, purely my own opinion based on seeing thousands of sale threads. My first high powered custom red... I picked up for $70.

As far as metering, just about any veteran member will do it for you free, just pay return shipping.

See if there is someone close to you on the member map to save on time.

Fantastic! I dropped it and its now LED.... FANFUKINTASTIC! Well, it looks like I will have to re-list this thread. Well, Im not wasting my time fixing it for the same mW, I am going to get an LPC-826 to throw in here for 300mW+

@InfinitusEquitas I am happy to hear it is a reasonable price. I will remake this and then re-list it at about the same price as an LPC-826 is only a few dollars more. I will look into getting this LPM checked