Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

250mW 650nm RED Laser Lab Projector OEM with TTL

Gazoo

Re: 250mW 650nm RED Laser Lab Projector OEM with T

I don't remember if it can be focused. How does the beam look...bright? Does it make a small dot? If it is drawing 330ma's it should be able to light a safety match instantly.

I got my 200mW module a few days ago. I measured it at a steady 195 mW at about 5V. :)

A -5V signal to the blue lead will deactivate the laser.

I have further tested my module. I used a computer power supply outputting 5.18V with no load and 5.07V under the load which was 280mA. After running a bit, it was outputting a steady 201mW. The divergence is negative. Initial beam diameter seems to be about 4mm, and at 15 feet is about 2.5mm and seems to diverge normally after that. I would think this is an admirable characteristic for a laser designed for use in light shows as smaller beams look sharper and more stunning. I am able to light red matches with a lens in under 2 seconds. :) (The trick is burning the wood right below the head first to make a black spot)

It's only analog in the sense that you must vary the voltage (through the red and black leads) between 3V and 5V to vary the power between 0 and 200mW (or 250), so its as analog as any other laser out there. When I shorted the blue lead to the red, the laser ceases emission, and the power drain drops to 6.4mA (5.4 through the red lead, and 1mA through the blue). So I guess the only use for this is if you have a switching mechanism that's not rated for 300mA or so.

In short, this module definately lives up to spec. But you must supply a constant 5V to obtain that spec. So you wouldn't want to solder a 4.2V transformer to it (as is the case of a couple resold models being sold on ebay currently) which will lower the output quite a bit, to 110mW perhaps as someone else tested.