Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200mW red laser from lazerer not burning matches?

NO4H99

Yes, the bigger the dot you see at a distance, the closer the focal point will be to the aperture (unless it is focused past infinity). Some fog should help if needed.

Last edited:

Yes, the bigger the dot you see at a distance, the closer the focal point will be to the aperture (unless it is focused past infinity). Some fog should help if needed.

sounds good, I'll try this out soon and hopefully the match catches on fire

thanks everyone

luv u lots

NO4H99

Well in all honesty it dosen't matter how long you left it on.

Red Diode Lasers do not release any heat compared to DPSS lasers, you can leave a 200mW 650nm all day without any effects.

Well I know we are talking about Lazere here but if you check out LaserGlow's portable lasers they offer 635nm/640nm/447nm etc... lasers with powers up to 500mW and their duty cycles are infinite :)

Just because LG makes a red laser without a duty cycle, does not mean that every red laser, or even every diode laser can be left on infinitely.

Incorrect, if you focus so that the dot becomes big it won't burn anything.

The smaller the dot the more "energy" is condensed into the beam which in turn makes burning easier.

That is not what he is saying. If he is making the dot converge at a point, say 10cm, from the lens, then the dot will be quite large at a distance of 10m.

Might want to delete those posts before Cyp sees them :p :D

I see you're useing a red laser. Is the match tip red?

If so most of your energy from the beam is being reflected. Try to burn something black and see if it smokes it.

My 50mw 532nm focused will smoke black paper.

Just because LG makes a red laser without a duty cycle, does not mean that every red laser, or even every diode laser can be left on infinitely.

That is not what he is saying. If he is making the dot converge at a point, say 10cm, from the lens, then the dot will be quite large at a distance of 10m.

Might want to delete those posts before Cyp sees them :p :D

Good call :) Im just trying to learn here. Trial and Error is the best way :)

And I deleted them, he spends his days trying to find ways to neg rep me :crackup:

Edit: NO4H99, I gave you the LG example since you asked "since when do diode lasers not have a duty cycle", I wanted to show there are some with an infinite cycle :)

Last edited:

djQUAN

Red Diode Lasers do not release any heat compared to DPSS lasers, you can leave a 200mW 650nm all day without any effects.
A 100% duty laser does not mean the diode doesn't produce heat. It only means that heatsinking is very good. Please edit your post as newbies can take it as fact and spread wrong info around.

A 100% duty laser does not mean the diode doesn't produce heat. It only means that heatsinking is very good. Please edit your post as newbies can take it as fact and spread wrong info around.

I deleted the post(s) as instructed by NO4H99.

Last edited:
I see you're useing a red laser. Is the match tip red?

If so most of your energy from the beam is being reflected. Try to burn something black and see if it smokes it.

My 50mw 532nm focused will smoke black paper.

yea the match tip is red,

im still a tad bit confused on how to focus it, should I focus it so the red dot becomes somewhat bigger then when its focused to the point where the red dot is the smallest?

im still a tad bit confused on how to focus it, should I focus it so the red dot becomes somewhat bigger then when its focused to the point where the red dot is the smallest?

Focus to where the red point is the smallest.

Im just trying to learn here. Trial and Error is the best way

UN7f6.gif

Do you ever read your posts before you submit them? Are you serious? This is the WORST way to learn!

Is this mushroom poisonous? Trial and error is the best way to learn.
Does this angry rattle snake want a hug? Trial and error is the best way to learn.
What do high voltage power lines taste like? Trial and error is the best way to learn.
What would happen if I added nitric acid to glycerine and tossed the beaker at a wall? Trial and error is the best way to learn.

KR0rK.gif

This is abjectly ridiculous. One of the reasons you're having a bad time here is because you make these wild claims, then wait to see if someone tells you you're wrong. Maybe this helps you learn, but you're pissing a lot of people off in the mean time.

If you do not know something to be true, DO NOT MAKE THE CLAIM THAT IT IS TRUE.

Zeebit

Color it black instead. Red tipped matches will reflect a lot of the red light.

Red Diode Lasers do not release any heat compared to DPSS lasers, you can leave a 200mW 650nm all day
without any effects.
What? Since when did we have any diode that is 100% efficient?

14839_original.jpg

@Cyparagon :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Last edited:
A lot of good info here.

I learnt how to focus my laser on black plastic bags with smoke in the room, its pretty easy once you know what to look for

Last edited: