Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200mW and 100mW Green Lasers Review

Sandidge had these lasers sent to me for testing and here are my results.
Initially when powered on they were both WOW. With added IR filter the 200mW pumped out 175mW and the 100mW pumped out 75mW.

After testing these further for divergence and burning abilities both laser began to drop off.
Here are some test results.

"200mW"

Current was 540mA. Diode C-Mount. Probably a 500mW but I have no way to tell.
This alser has an IR filter. Output is 135mW then drops and drops and rises and drops well below spec. Click link at bottom for test.
Divergence 1.5mRad. Not bad. Size is extremely small. This laser runs on a single CR2 battery. Either 3V or 3.7V work fine.

I couldn't stand to see the driver killing this laser so I adjusted the current down to 413mA. The laser happily does 125mW now.

"100mW"

Well the current on this laser is 580mA. This also uses a C-mount diode. This laser doesn't have an IR filter I am surprised that the divergence on these lasers is very similar to one another. around 1.5 for this one too. I would have thought it to be worse given the fact that they are both c-mount diodes. Many Cheaper C-mount based Chinese lasers have very bad divergence. Output 65mW and drops to 50mW. Hangs out at 50mW (edit- laser seems to be doing well at 60mW after further testing with good duty cycles) Click link at bottom for test. This laser is powered by a single CR123A rechargeable. 3V or 3.7V protected or non. This laser is also waterproof. Kind of a cool feature.

Overall: I am not exactly sure what the price is on these so I cannot say if they are a good value. I would buy the small one at 100mW. It is compact, powerful and takes a rechargeable lithium. The waterproof one however needs to the current turned down big time and the damage has probably been down already. I think that these lasers have good potential however these 2 are/were being over driven. I will try to do more test on these lasers soon. These are both ALMOST great laser. Actually now the "200mW" one is a great laser. I really wish the waterproof one were more powerful though. especially at that current.

Please let me know what I have left out. PICS
"200mW" is the smaller one.
img0527q.jpg

img0526d.jpg

img0525r.jpg

img0524ax.jpg

img0523t.jpg

img0522v.jpg

Imageshack - img0535.mp4 - Uploaded by Yobresal
Imageshack - img0534.mp4 - Uploaded by Yobresal

Last edited:

I like pen sizes too. The one on bottom is much shorter (half) than a pen size laser and only has the width of an aquaries. It is pretty sweet.

Is the "200mW" CR2 one focusable? Looks like that might be a focus grip ring in the pictures.
Seems like a nice greenie, if Sandidge tests them each when he starts selling them then I'll probably have to buy one. :D
Chinese lasers vary so much you just can't avoid having to test every one.

Odd it looks so much like a grip for turning. If it doesn't focus perhaps that little grip end just unscrews?
If not I think I'll have to slice it off & see how hard it would be to make it into a focus ring. Gonna be hard to leave it alone. :D