Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200mw 660nm underpower ?

it's normal that I have dificulty to see the beam in dark ? my 5mw 532nm is 2x more easy to see it :S but he can burn mach, pop ballon et burn cd case :S

maybe your eyes are less susceptible to the red wavelengths? where did you get the laser from?

stuart :)

Grix

It varies from eye to eye, but most people does not have big trouble seeing the beam in complete darkness. However there's a big chance that your 5mW green is way overspec. Where did you buy it?

my 5mw on ebay and my 200mw i buy the diode on ebay and I make the driver and I put in a aixiz module

AndyR

Lower powered lasers are typically overpowered, so even if it was advertised as 5 mW, the power could be substantially higher. I believe that your green is probably at around 20 or 30 mW, which is why you are seeing it as so much brighter than the 200 mW. I can only faintly see the beam of a 200 mW red in darkness.

Not sure if you already know this, but this chart should explain to you which colors we see as brighter and to what extent:

human%20eye%20sensitivity%20en.jpg

As you can see, our eyes see green as being much brighter than red.

The first statement in that video is that the house is full of smoke from barbecueing. Did you try your laser with smoke or fog present? It is very easy to see the beam, even with the room lights on if you use smoke or a fog machine. If on the other hand, your house has a hepa filter, there will be no particles in the air and your laser will be nearly invisible.

ok so it is normal to have difficulty to see it if you dont have smoke :p i can see it but its not compared to my green :p

tank you

i could see mine nicely in pitch black with the lights off, but a little incense doesn't go a miss...

or better yet, if you have a fog machine?

stuart :)