Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200mw 532nm green laser: SDLasers 303

hi guys,

I wanted to post a detailed review of this laser, but i messed up and my nice long review was erased from my browser... i will post one later on, but untill then here are some photos and my YouTube videos of this laser

Burning demo: SDLaser 303 200mw green laser - YouTube

Short and pretty useless review: SDLaser 200mw pointer review - YouTube

ill attach the photos as i dont know how to embed them :shhh:

The beam images were taken indoors with no fog.

O+O

Attachments

• Box Closed.jpg
    Box Closed.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 312
  • Box Open.jpg
    Box Open.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 2,080
  • Long Config.jpg
    Long Config.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 8,032
  • Long Config, rear.jpg
    Long Config, rear.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 420
  • Short Config.jpg
    Short Config.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 2,077
  • Beam.jpg
    Beam.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 338
  • Beam 2.jpg
    Beam 2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 338
  • Beam 3.jpg
    Beam 3.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 920

Nice picture Josh! That looks like a nice little greenie you have there :)

PS: Post more pics if possible!

Great lillte laser, would like to try some range tests this evening, have a feeling it'll easily make 2.5-3 km! Highly recommended as a first high power laser

If it is actually anywhere near 200mW you'll see a distinct "dot" on low level clouds and a noticeable projection on nearby hills. Be careful where you shine it outside ... While I do sometimes take short vids of me lasing outside (in a DESERTED area) I don't think I'll ever post them as it's ammunition for the "lasers are weapons of mass destruction" crowd.

Last edited:
Hi trencheel!
Yea certainly know about those crowds, have family who aren't happy I have this thing due to their concerns I will use it to cause an Apocalypse :wtf: I would love to try hit a cloud but where I live we Dont get low level cloud cover often... Let it be known that the forst morning or evening we get I will be trying to hit it! Also will never skypoint without flightradar app running (to show where nearby planes are) as local law puts a 10 year jail sentence on anyone who hits a plane with a laser :bowdown:
thanks for your reply

Hello everyone.
Can anyone explain how to disassemble one of those lasers ?
I cannot seem to find a way to properly do it.
Only the battery cap is removable.
I can see the board that has the button contact and arc on it, but that's it. It cannot be spinned so I can't remove it.

Hi overmind.

My switch went dead and just got my replacement unit, couldn't find a way to open it either..

I have the same problem, but it appears to be the contact between the arc and the board rather than the sw/button.

Ah I see. Make sure your key switch is making contact and if you Dont mind waiting contact the seller for a replacement unit, here's some pics of my new unit. The removable lens has more patterns but its Identical otherwise

Attachments

• 1391088804964.jpg
    1391088804964.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 273
  • 1391088846342.jpg
    1391088846342.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 251
It's long past warranty period.
I'll have to fix it myself.
End key/cap is ok, I tested without it using direct contact.
I managed to get to reposition the arc and seems ok.
I'd still like to know how to open it up tho'.

Last edited:

ru124t

I have this but mine says laser 303 on it. THe batteries don't last long and its run time is about 1 to 1.5 minutes at a time. It loses power rapidly as it warms up. I think this is more a battery problem more so than a laser one. I will let you know once I get quality batteries and a charger.