Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200 mW red laser, broken?

Dnl747

I have a 200 mW red laser (I think its called the "Dilda")
And the tail cap seems to have stopped working.

I click twice, nothing.

The batteries are in negative facing tail cap (I've tried many other combinations just in case)
, and it works because if i push in the tail cap ( with out screwing it in) oh a certain angle it turns on.

Any tips on this?

Has this happen to any body else?

~dnl747

You could try taking the tailcap apart. My tail cap unscrews. You should see two little slots that you can use some needle nose pliers or tweezers, to take it apart.
You could then get a better look at the switch. See if their is something loose.
You might be able to find a replacement switch at DX.

make sure your batteries are fully charged and install them into the laser. do not put the tailcap switch on. instead take a paper clip and touch one point to the battery and the other to the threads where the tailcap screws on. if the laser turns on your problem is the switch if the laser doesnt, you have other problems.

also take your batteries out and look inside and make sure the spring mounted on the driver is not touching any metal parts of the host. it should be dead center making a contact with your battery. some of these are made with the driver and spring soldered on at an angle, fairly close to touching the inside of the host/battery tube. if yours is touching the inside of the battery tube, reach down in there with a pencil or something similar and bend the spring only so its not touching any more

weecho

my spring broke off how would i go about fixing this? and it was tilted can anyone help me with this i tried putting it back on but it wont go on or turn on!!!

You can unscrew the case and solder the spring back on , and as rpaloalto sayd you can replase the swith in the tailcap aswel.

it's an easy fix good luck.

I have a 200 mW red laser (I think its called the "Dilda")
And the tail cap seems to have stopped working.

I click twice, nothing.

The batteries are in negative facing tail cap (I've tried many other combinations just in case)
, and it works because if i push in the tail cap ( with out screwing it in) oh a certain angle it turns on.

Any tips on this?

Has this happen to any body else?

~dnl747

This 200 mW red laser dilda (bought it from Dealextreme?) is well known for its low build quality. One of its weakest parts is its tail switch. After a while this switch malfunctions, cousing the laser to get stuck and not turn on (or off). No solution for this, it's not worth tring to fix or replace it. Just get rid of this laser, and buy a quality laser, as I did.

Just get rid of this laser, and buy a quality laser, as I did.
Oh that sounds harsh :) the laser itself is nice for a DIY project module.
Get/make a bigger heatsink stuff like that ,turn the pot a lilbit back for a durable laser.