Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2 diy laser pistols

Nexgen

As an Overwatch player, I was also thinking lasers could be used to bring those guns in real life. Having no proper equipment makes difficult to make one of these.

As an Overwatch player, I was also thinking lasers could be used to bring those guns in real life. Having no proper equipment makes difficult to make one of these.

I stumbled upon these two vids and not being a video game player I did not know these are inspired by the game.

When I saw the title to this thread I thought it was going to be two you made, Steve. So, I was a bit disappointed when I saw the YT videos. I guess they look pretty good for what they are, but I would have rather seen your own builds.

When I saw the title to this thread I thought it was going to be two you made, Steve. So, I was a bit disappointed when I saw the YT videos. I guess they look pretty good for what they are, but I would have rather seen your own builds.

Sorry to disappoint. I don't have the knowledge let alone the tools to build lasers. Perhaps these will inspire someone to build a laser that does not resemble a tube.

Last edited:
I suppose there is a damand for lasers that look like cartoon guns and ones from scifi shows, but I'm only interested in functionality. I have quite a few lab lasers and gas lasers. I have quite a few of sinners old hosts in my collection, but I don't pay extra for the cartoon look. After looking at some of those 3 watt models, I rather doubt they have a long duty cycle. What little heat sinking there is is passive air cooled.

At one point I'd like to build a futuristic Laser gun
to hank on a wall as functional art.
Not much real life use.

Jerry

...hank on a wall as functional art.

13ong1.jpg