Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

18650 Rechargeable Lasers Rated at 5 milliwatts(?)

I am thinking of getting a 5 to 10 milliwatt Laser in Green to have visible beam and would like a 18650 because my regular LEDs use them.
But it occurs to me that many Chinese Manufacturers are slapping the 5 milliwatt label on there ...but is it unlikely that a focus laser using 18650 would be that low power ?

Also I will use outside carefully and do not want legal problems so less than 10 milliwatts or so will give an impressive beam but not 5 miles away or in a flight path of planes I can't see etc.

So ....what are the actual power of these cheap 18650 Lasers I see on Everbuying etc.?

What will be the Visible Beam Distance of a Green Laserglow Galileo at 10 milliwatts ?

Last edited:

Razako

Many of the cheap ebay lasers fall into the 50-150mw category. You should buy from laserglow/optotronics or some other known company if you want a true 5-10mw green pointer. Unfortunately, none of them use 18650's. Many take AAA's.