Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

18650 Aurora Host - Pic HEAVY

Here is a look at my >1.1W 18650 Host 445nm
405-G-1 glass lens
Copper heat sink
EzFocus adapter

Built for me by bobhaha

DSC_0214.jpg

DSC_0215.jpg

DSC_0216.jpg

Tritium marker I attached to the strap

DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0224.jpg

And finally some beam shots

DSC_0228.jpg

DSC_0234.jpg

DSC_0235.jpg

DSC_0246.jpg

Thanks bobhaha for a very tidy build!! I'm a bit particular about presentation so I was pleased to see it arrive nice and clean with no scratches on the host. Springs are firm with no battery slopping around inside.
Good pre and post sales advice, I will definitely be returning, perhaps for a 405nm build in the future. Whilst I have the electronic engineering background (even having worked on some lasers) I just have such a tiny window of opportunity to tinker these days that I am glad to find someone who can do a very neat job of building these units.
Good communication during the ordering of parts, fast build and shipping once all the components were in. Awesome job mate. Thank you! :gj:

Nice laser there. That host, as popular as it is, still catches my eye whenever I see it.

Also, nice pics. Especially the one of the EzFocus adapter. Always wondered how it was fitted.

By the way, that's a Jayrob kit right?

This ezfocus adapter was was for the 405-G-1 lens and since it has a much shorter focal length then the standard aixiz glass lens it needs to sit closer to the diode. That's why it has a aixiz nut in the ezadapter to kinda hold it closer to the diode. The standard glass lens is just threaded into the ezadapter.

BTW I love that first beam shot!

Last edited:

jayrob

Yep... Most of the time I'm fitting an EzFocus adapter for a 405-G-1, I'll glue the AixiZ focus ring into the adapter.

But the AixiZ 445 fit ones get threaded because the lens needs to thread in deeper than the AixiZ focus ring will allow.

Sometimes I still have to thread them even if it's for a 405-G-1. Like in the case of the cone tipped EzFocus adapter for my Phaser kit...

Besides the thread depth, the other reason I will use the 'glued in AixiZ focus ring' when I can, is because the small pieces are difficult to knurl due to the size. And my custom tools that I made are easier to hold the pieces if drilled to the size of the AixiZ focus ring, instead of threaded on the I.D.