Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

-17F

When it gets really cold the last you want is wind. It seemed rare when we would get a high wind when the temperatures dropped to -40 in the Rocky Mountains. But, if you saw that guy who set the record for crossing the Antarctic, it can happen in spades.

diachi

When it gets really cold the last you want is wind. It seemed rare when we would get a high wind when the temperatures dropped to -40 in the Rocky Mountains. But, if you saw that guy who set the record for crossing the Antarctic, it can happen in spades.

Over the last week or two here it has been getting windier when the temperature goes up. So we go from -35C to -25C but the wind picks up making the temperature with the wind chill the same. Can't win!

Hoping there's no wind on Saturday, forecast says -39C ambient.

Dam global warming, we are also at a solar activity low and cold winters were predicted because of it, seems that some scientist believe changes in greenhouse gases follows temperature rather than preceding it. LOL

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Record low temps here in Port Clinton today. -17F with wind chill below -40F. I would like to ask all LPF members to simultaneously turn on all their lasers and aim at northern Ohio. Thanks in advance for your help.

Similar record lows here in S.E. Michigan, it warmed up to -2° today with lows tonight of -15° and a -35° wind chill.
As Paul and diachi have stated, these recent record low temps have been made much worse by the high winds that have accompanied them.

I hope everyone stays safe and warm as possible during this frigid cold spell. :coffee: :)

I'd be willing to send some of these cold temps to our friends "down under" who have been baking during their unusualy hot summer. :LOL:

Similar record lows here in S.E. Michigan, it warmed up to -2° today with lows tonight of -15° and a -35° wind chill.
As Paul and diachi have stated, these recent record low temps have been made much worse by the high winds that have accompanied them.

I hope everyone stays safe and warm as possible during this frigid cold spell. :coffee: :)

I'd be willing to send some of these cold temps to our friends "down under" who have been baking during their unusualy hot summer. :LOL:

I could surely send some of this cold to guys in downunder! :D

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yeah, maybe in exchange for a little bit of their warmth, just a bit, not all of it. :)

Dam global warming, we are also at a solar activity low and cold winters were predicted because of it, seems that some scientist believe changes in greenhouse gases follows temperature rather than preceding it. LOL

There is a huge difference between the weather and climate. I don't know of any scientists who believe greenhouse gases aren't the cause of the melting ice caps and the rising seas. It had been settled science as far back as the 1970s that CO2 and other gases were the cause of this. It is politics that has made this debatable now. But, science has not changed in this respect at all. In fact, I saw a PBS special with Neil Degrasse Tyson recently where he argued this very point that the science on this is the same as it has always been. You can choose to not believe it, but don't say that the science has changed. It hasn't at all. But, if you are truly interested in knowing what the science is don't go to websites that have an agenda. Science has no agenda.

twelti

If the CO2 levels in the air go up enough, maybe I can use it for my CO2 laser! (and aim it at Anthony)

Speaking of agendas there's a lot of money/power/control associated with this GW "" Crisis "" so take that into account as well.

Be that as it may, I disagree with the notion that any money and value associated with global warming existing would be an endeavor that is worth falsely purporting. There is far, far more corporate money in the near term available for much less effort for those in the oil business than those in the renewable energy business. Why would an industry falsify the existence something on the wrong end of the stick? That's like breaking in to a bank at night and filling your vehicle full of pennies, then leaving.

Keep in mind that global warming is a consensus among the entire scientific community. To assume a conspiracy requires believing that either (1) scientists in general relating to the environmental sciences put themselves though college to earn their degree for no reason other than to falsify climate data or (2) science in general is wrong and an entire industry sprang up to take advantage of it.

Last edited: