Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

175mw Aries burning wood!!!

T

timelord

SMOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 175mw_Aries_burning_wood_______.wmv
    4.1 MB · Views: 55

S

SenKat

HOLY CRAP ! Did you put a sharpie mark on the wood ? Puh-leeeeze tell me you did !

T

timelord

SenKat said:
HOLY CRAP !  Did you put a sharpie mark on the wood ?  Puh-leeeeze tell me you did !
No sharpie mate just the sheer power of that baby :D I'm vandelising anything that burns :D

S

SenKat

AWESOME ! (Senkat says that as he scurries around his garage looking for scorched stuff accidently exposed to that beastie....)

T

timelord

It's burning wood at 3 feet away and doing matches at 5-6 foot with fresh batteries  :D. My girlfriend has just treated me to the accupower rechargerble C cell 6000mah x 4 batteries and charger kit so i'll let you know how it performs with those once it all arrives from the states..

Timelord said:
It's burning wood at 3 feet away and doing matches at 5-6 foot with fresh batteries :D. My girlfriend has just treated me to the accupower rechargerble C cell 6000mah x 4 batteries and charger kit so i'll let you know how it performs with those once it all arrives from the states..

I remember I got a good 7 foot match burn with my NIMH's in it.

T

timelord

Nice!!! I forgot that you owned it before SenKat, rest assured it has a good home now my friend ;)
I will give the 7 foot match burn a go later on now you've got me all fired up. :D

Timelord said:
Nice!!! I forgot that you owned it before SenKat, rest assured it has a good home now my friend ;)
I will give the 7 foot match burn a go later on now you've got me all fired up. :D

Yep..... that is a nice laser!... the biggest trick is to hold it still... I did it holding the laser while bracing it on my kitchen counter... but its sometimes easier to lay the laser on a pillow or something and go back and hold the match with good googles on.... being that close to the beam, you can really tell if the dot is staying still much better...... just going by memory.. I may have made it to 10 foot.. I can't remember what I posted back then, but I remember 7 wasn't too hard.

Wait till the new toys come out that will extend their range even more... they should be devastating then.... make sure you save a few coins....it may be pretty soon.

T

timelord

I'm saving as we speak for a Herc 400mw but if they bring out anything with more kick by the time my funds are sorted hmmmmm. Well who knows i'll just wait and see what Laserglow get up to next.
After having my Aries for just over a month i'm well blown away with Laserglows quality and performance and glad i've brought this laser and not the Envee ;)

Timelord said:
I'm saving as we speak for a Herc 400mw but if they bring out anything with more kick by the time my funds are sorted hmmmmm. Well who knows i'll just wait and see what Laserglow get up to next.
After having my Aries for just over a month i'm well blown away with Laserglows quality and performance and glad i've brought this laser and not the Envee ;)

I haven't owned an envee, but based on what I"ve read its performance is equal or less than a DL125mw.... mostly less except for maybe runtime!'
At least I've never seen anyone step up to the plate with videos or pictures to substantiate thier claims above what the little DL125 viper will do.

But the Aries blows away the little guys. As cool as my DL is to pop balloons at 10 feet and burn matches up to 2, it doesn't compare to the power of the aries in performance!
A company "I won't mention" but is talked about constantly, has proved that you can have allot of power and still not be able to perform for various reasons of stability of the beam and divergence and width along with purity of frequency.
That Aries you have Timelord was only rated 50W more than my DL... which is what, about 40% more power.. than a 125?
So if I could burn a match at 2 feet with a DL 125, It would stand to reason I could only burn one at best.... 3 feet with a 175mw right?... wrong!... the Aries burns almost 4 times farthur!!!

Now we know that the more power you get, the less "50mw" will have on the total change... in other words.. if you add 50mw to a laser that was only 25mw.. you tripled the power, and if to a 50mw laser, you doubled the power, and to a 125mw, you went up about 40%.... so why a four fold impact in performance?..... the rest of the story is told in pure stability and quality.

There are "some" companies out there that have all the talk down, but few deliver the goods like laserglow.

One generous secret they possess is that they "underate" their lasers rather than over rate.
Just like a quality store that sells amplifiers measure power on true RMS rather than peak.. so laserglow measures based on total power "consistently at all times" being "above" what thier rating is.

AND THATS ALL YOU PAY FOR!!!....... So where is the better bargain and the better buy?
The store with all the hype and games and prizes, or the one that delivers the goods and gives you "more" than you pay for?

Thats right, if your listening Justin... I'll be waiting for my check in the mail!!! LOL!.... ;D ;D ;D ;D

no kidding... laserglow deserves all the praise I give, otherwise I would just keep silent at best.

Products are never perfect all the time and neither are people, but when the dust settles and the flash and glamour with elusive shallow promises are all passed from the noise of the competitors, the customer always walks away happy when dealing with laserglow.

I have not dealt directly with any of the other folks there, but I can vouch for Justin..... He is quite the customer relations fellow!

It must feel good to work for a company that produces a superior product and leaves people feeling estatic about their purchase.... I wonder how the competitor sleeps at night ......you know, the one that claims they are the "worlds foremost leader in laser technology?".... I guess they put ear plugs in thier ears and their concious in a drawer and close it when they go to bed?... LOL!.. what a crock of stinky Poo Poo!

S

SenKat

Yer KILLIN me, Windstrings ! ;D ;D ;D They SHOULD send you a check ! ::) Although I never dealt with Justin personally - his actions speaks louder than words ever could - keep up the great work, Justin - and if there is a school somewhere out there that I can send a few folks to - in order to learn customer service like you provide ?....well, then let me know !

SenKat said:
Although I never dealt with Justin personally - his actions speaks louder than words ever could - keep up the great work, Justin - and if there is a school somewhere out there that I can send a few folks to - in order to learn customer service like you provide ?....well, then let me know !

Is that course available in Chinese? :eek:

T

timelord

This man speaks fluent chinese LOL!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif]

I sure like it when you do that!... just about the time I start feeling guilty "just a little", you take the cake and burn out my eyes! ;) :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: