Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

150mW for 110$ ????

Yes it is true althought some of them are not IR filtered and not quite up to spec but an amazing deal for the price.

S

SenKat

Millionaire - you are incorrect, they are ALL IR filtered !! Seruiously guys - please read up on folks' reviews of these lasers - irrefutable proof that they have IR filters, and that they work effectively !

G !

SenKat said:
Millionaire - you are incorrect, they are ALL IR filtered !!  Seruiously guys - please read up on folks' reviews of these lasers - irrefutable proof that they have IR filters, and that they work effectively !

G !

I half agree  :D. We know, for a solid fact, they contain IR filters. Whether or not you can say they are "IR filtered"... well, I'd lean towards no. We also know for a solid fact that the filters on the upper end models are not as effective as they should be, and that they spew enough IR past the filter to decieve your average silicon power meter.

At the OP, its well... half true. You may be able to get 100mW+ of true green out of one of those, and at that price its an amazing deal. However, they are also very poor quality, and while I've have a fleet of faithful CNI pen greenies, I've had multiple upsets with those NewWish/DX lasers.

So you get what you pay for. If you want raw power, go with DX, no question. If you want a quality, dependable pointer to last you the thousands of hours of the diodes MTTF, steer clear of NewWish and save up your $$

Perez-Allende said:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1998 could that be true ?

Heh heh heh,
Go for it.
If you're not very laser savvy and know what 100mW should really bahave like, you may be totally satisfied with it.

Daedal

I'd pay the $10 extra and get the 200mW version simply because it's a much better deal and a much more reviewed laser. It's not bad at all and many people report getting very close to that rating with lithiums :)

GL;
DDL

I'm pretty sure that's out of stock so that's why everybody is getting the DX150.

Daedal

It always is out of stock though, because they make them to order rather than stock them up. Their profit margin on these things has got to be something like $0.05 ;D

--DDL