Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

150 Watt 25mm laser in Florida Dec. 3

Oh, I'm looking forward to viewing some video on this later. Someone please posts photo's or a link if you find it before I do.

Story said they encourage people to take photos but no pictures or links? Booo

I live near Orlando. We can see launches easily from here. I will try to get some pictures and video if we can see it :)

That is, if it will be turned on again for Friday's launch.

Last edited:
Its a little cloudy right now, if it happens to be shining atm, but it looks like its clearing on the radar....So I am keeping an eye out tonight.

So it ended up clearing up last night but I couldn't see anything. I looked at a live feed of the Kennedy visitor's center where the laser is but it wasn't lit at the time.

I did however find a nice picture of the laser from Dec 3rd, taken at the center itself.
If you guys haven't found any yet I would be glad to post it.

I did however find a nice picture of the laser from Dec 3rd, taken at the center itself.
If you guys haven't found any yet I would be glad to post it.
:wtf: Why didn't you post it yet, we all said we wanted to see this???? I never understand some people!!

:wtf: Why didn't you post it yet, we all said we wanted to see this???? I never understand some people!!

Well I didn't post yet because the first picture is found in the link on the first post in this thread. And for the second picture, it can be found by a google search. But here they are anyway. My apologies for the wait

I cant figure out why I can't post the images from my album on here. Working on it......

10280-orion-laser-nathan-wyatt-120314.jpg

10279-b3-clygiqaakstk-jpg-large.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures :)

You're welcome. I'm glad to be able to contribute :)

I'm taking my students on a field trip to the space center in a couple of months.
I am hoping to get up close and take a look at this laser if it is still there. Will have plenty of pics then.

Thank you! Now how can I get my hands on a 150 watt laser to do that myself? I am fairly sure I'd be in trouble for making a distraction to traffic or something, though. I am afraid for the future of our hobby with the ever increasing power of lasers, everyone in our society wants to control everyone else these days and elect people to do it for them when the bigger problem is giving someone power to control you.