Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1400mw burning at 300 feet

YouTube - Laser Igniter 300 Feet

have you people seen this!! thats amazing, i tried it with an old 9x scope and it works reduced the dot from about a foot wide at 400 feet to less than an inch wide, but there is some glare around it i guess from crosshairs.

Now im buying a 60x + spotting scope, does it need to be straight through like no mirors and will it matter that much if the lense is coated? can the coating be removed?

Last edited:

Where did you get the 2 labbys from 1.4W and 1.7W? They don't look like there doing what your claiming... You happen to LPM them?

Last edited:
they're not my videos i just found them, and i want to do the same. i dont klnow if you actually read my post..i dont know why you're saying "They don't look like there doing what your claiming". their clearly lighting stuff on fire 300 feet away

and i just ate some maccaroni and cheese. what is your point? What does that have to do with my question? :wtf:

Looks to me like they have the optics BACKWARDS to do what they claim to be doing....

Hmmm, I have a leopold scope in my hand right now that won't stay sighted in.
Think I'll try it out, if it works I'll tear the crosshairs out of it and see if that helps. I thought for ~6 months that the gun was the problem
One problem is that a reflection might kill the diode. DPSS laser would be the way to go but I don't have any over 500mW to burn with.

DPSS green worked (kinda) one direction, the beam is ~1/2" wide and seems to stay that way for a very long distance.
The other direction it is a very fine beam and I don't know how long it stays that way. I'll check it out when I get back from the girlfriend's
;)

* Might even get a beamshot or two

This is just a scope or beam expander that has an adjustable focus. and I agree it doesn't look anything like 1.4W of green (the first video) anyway, but I guess it could be if IR was included, though, especially after the optics, the IR wouldn't really aid much in 'burning' since after the expander, the IR focus would be in a lot different place than the green focus.

From the behavior, I think the first video is probably closer to 400mW. maybe 500 tops.

I didn't even watch the second.

DPSS green worked (kinda) one direction, the beam is ~1/2" wide and seems to stay that way for a very long distance.
The other direction it is a very fine beam and I don't know how long it stays that way. I'll check it out when I get back from the girlfriend's
;)

* Might even get a beamshot or two

This is exactly what beam expanders do.. and why they exist. As beam diameter increases, lowest possible divergence decreases, and vice versa. I think you'll find when you do it reverse, you get a really thin beam, but divergence is horrible.

Last edited: