Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

130mw Penlaser & 300mw Hercules pics/video

Lol theres a function of the delete button... totally just kidding! Yea I just figured it out, plus I saw you put your hand on the dot and so you could faintly see it and then set it up to that. :p

More Herc pics!!!!!!

Herconright.jpg

Herconrearright.jpg

Herconfrontright.jpg

Herconrearleft.jpg

Heres a pic burning a box!...note the smoke!
Hercburningbox.jpg

Here is my pool in daylight without laser so you can make sense of the night pics:
Daylightshotnolaser.jpg

Poolshot.jpg

PoolShot4.jpg

Poolshot3.jpg

Poolshot2.jpg

Aww crap. Now I REALLY, REALLY want one. The question is how do I convince the wife it is a good deal? She'd probably kill me if I got one and she found out how much they cost...
:'(

stevetexas said:
Aww crap. Now I REALLY, REALLY want one. The question is how do I convince the wife it is a good deal? She'd probably kill me if I got one and she found out how much they cost...
:'(
Ha!.. good luck on that one!!

T

timelord

That's a cracking shot windstings, it nice how you've caught the blue LED in the pic too. ;)

A little repeat for those who have not read the whole thread:

It is indeed more powerful, but its not as compact either as some of the competition.

The Herc has a continuous duty cycle...."it doesn't overheat".

It even has an external power jack for long term use in commercial applications.

Mine is the 300mw.... http://www.laserglow.com/hercules.html
It stays above 400mw the first several minutes of being on.

Note the chart of the 300mw they have depicted.... those were of the 2.0w diode versions.. these out now are 2.5 watt diodes with better crystals.
Put your mouse over the chart on the right here http://www.laserglow.com/hercules.html
and note the minutes of runtime.
This chart goes to 50 minutes!.... who else demonstrates such a runtime iwth stablity?

The catch is "most" of us don't need that long of a runtime.
But the other catch is, if its stable that long, how good is it for shorter durations?
Should you want to, you could adjust the power pod on top to go even higher, if you were sure you would never use it for too long of a period.

In those cases, there is an overheat light that comes on "mine has never come on" that lets you know you are getting above normal temperatures.

*Overheat Protection Red LED lights at 38°C, however there is no danger of
Damage to the internal parts unless the temp was to reach 80°C.

There is also "no" thermal shutdown... you get to choose how far to push the limits.

Hows that for a "buffer!".

The pod is to turn the unit down should you be in very high ambient air temps that required it for continous use.

This pic is right before a storm is getting ready to hit.. the clouds in the sky illuminate light from the nearby city and the beam is exaggerated a bit by the moisture in the air.

Herconpool.jpg