Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

130mw Penlaser & 300mw Hercules pics/video

T

timelord

I'd say meade ETX for a good all round scope it's very portable and an exelent intro into the world of astronomy. ;)

Herc_300mw_pops_balloon_at_25_feet

Attachments

• Herc_300mw_pops_balloon_at_25_feet_001.wmv
    1,001.8 KB · Views: 37
wow your so lucky to have a herc! I'd be scared putting my hand in front of it like that!

S

SenKat

troyboy said:
wow your so lucky to have a herc! I'd be scared putting my hand in front of it like that!

No - the SCARY thing is this : you cannot even SEE the beam, with his glasses on ! WOW ! That thing lit up the whole bottom floor of my house like daylight - VERY intense.....but his protective glasses completely obliterate the light ! AWESOME !

S

SenKat

Me tooooooo ! My wife axed it as soon as she saw the glee in my eyes though ! :'(

T

timelord

SenKat said:
Me tooooooo !  My wife axed it as soon as she saw the glee in my eyes though ! :'(

Gutted MAN you'll gonna have to stash some cash secretly and do some serious buttering up to get round her LOL ;D

S

SenKat

Timelord said:
[quote author=SenKat link=1169433878/15#22 date=1170036839]Me tooooooo !  My wife axed it as soon as she saw the glee in my eyes though ! :'(

Gutted MAN you'll gonna have to stash some cash secretly and do some serious buttering up to get round her LOL  ;D
[/quote]

LOL ! THAT is precisely how I bought the Aries ! Muahahahahahaha ! My "technology fund" is kinda low at the moment though....why not bid, and make me happier ? : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320075346868

hehehehehe ! BTW - it is CAPABLE of close to 100 WATTS according to the original seller - no idea if that is true, though ! Too scary for me to mess with !

S

SenKat

Yeah - but it has to go away - can't have my mad scientist daughter try to fire that bad boy up....that would be devastating :(

T

timelord

SenKat said:
Yeah - but it has to go away - can't have my mad scientist daughter try to fire that bad boy up....that would be devastating :(

Agreed that's definately not for kids :eek:

Hercules300mwinthepoolrightnoflash.jpg

Hercules300mwinthepoolleft.jpg

Hercules300mwinthepoolleftnoflash.jpg

SenKat said:
[quote author=troyboy link=1169433878/15#19 date=1170035832]wow your so lucky to have a herc! I'd be scared putting my hand in front of it like that!

No - the SCARY thing is this : you cannot even SEE the beam, with his glasses on ! WOW !  That thing lit up the whole bottom floor of my house like daylight - VERY intense.....but his protective glasses completely obliterate the light ! AWESOME ![/quote]

wait... if he couldn't see the beam then how could he make it precise enough to put a match in front of it at 8 feet?

S

SenKat

He looks above the goggles to get an idea - also, you can see when the beam terminates on something, by a FAINT yellow glow. Those goggles are awesome - TOTAL protection.

you missed the part where I had to look over or under my glasses to see the beam and then used them to view the point of impact when burning.

Opps....just noticed you already answered that Senkat!