Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

12x help

Ok guys, ive been useing the search bar for a few days now, with no luck. This is my last resort. I am looking for a tutorial for making a 12x sfbw512 laser with info such as pin readouts safe currets, etc. Any help is appreciated!
-Blake

rhd

All you need to do is search. Each of those items are available on the forum. "405nm pinout", "bw512l pinout", "12x piv curve", "12x safe current" etc etc etc. There are whole threads full of currents tested, and builds people have done. You'll find them, if you search.

One hint though. The LPF search is HORRIBLE. Honestly, it's garbage. You can't search three letter words, which kills a lot of useful searches that you might want to do.

So if you search for "12x safe current" through LPF, you'll get absolutely garbage useless results:
Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Lasers & Laser Pointers - Search Results

But if you instead go to google.com, and search "site:laserpointerforums.com 12x safe current", you'll get fantastic results:
site:laserpointerforums.com 12x safe current - Google Search

Last edited:
There is a big huge "Google Search" bar below the control panel and forums, RHD, no need to go Google and use special search filters.

A few hints :

12x diode pinout is exactly the same as any other violet or 445nm diode pinout.

Current - I would not go over 500mA in any case, no matter the sled. 425mA would be ideal.

405nm or 445nm coated lens are fine, just avoid plastic.