Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

125W Laser Array Driver Help

Please see what I wrote below. I have uploaded a picture of my radiator. He is bigger. See the photos above.
Great. I think the 10cm will do, but do correct me. Ill be using indium foil as and efficient heat transfer from the LDA and the radiator with the addition of two of the fans you recommended. I did some math regarding its output power based on the slope efficiency of the laser. Assuming 3.8A i should be getting 161.8W. Im wondering. Since we are giving it less than its rated voltage (48V) in our case wont the power be somewhere about half?
My good friend who happens to be an electrician is debating as to why this wont work at the lower voltage. Im telling him that its the current that matters. Could you explain this part of the theory please? Thanks.

Great. I think the 10cm will do, but do correct me. Ill be using indium foil as and efficient heat transfer from the LDA and the radiator with the addition of two of the fans you recommended. I did some math regarding its output power based on the slope efficiency of the laser. Assuming 3.8A i should be getting 161.8W. Im wondering. Since we are giving it less than its rated voltage (48V) in our case wont the power be somewhere about half?
My good friend who happens to be an electrician is debating as to why this wont work at the lower voltage. Im telling him that its the current that matters. Could you explain this part of the theory please? Thanks.
Yes, the current is regulated by varying the voltage to your array. If the voltage isn't sufficient you won't be able to get the output you are expecting.

Yes, the current is regulated by varying the voltage to your array. If the voltage isn't sufficient you won't be able to get the output you are expecting.
Thats interesting. I thought the guy above was putting in about 48V at 3.8 amps for his? In that case 125W did not appear, correct?