Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

125mW fusion

Gerald

And Twisted, You should wait a while and contact them via Live Help on their webpage, or give them a call on the toll free-

Just FYI: All you guys who just ordered fusions may want to get them tested if you want to be sure you're getting 125mW outputs. The last fusion sent to me tested in ~115mW average with a ~124mW peak over 60 seconds and those figures aren't too uncommon for a WL fusion. Sometimes that's good enough, but for those people who demand those extra few mW you may have to return, or face an infinite stream of RMAs.

Gerald

May I know how I can get it tested, cheaply?
I'm getting about ten of them I think, by next week or the week after. But I am located in Singapore so shipping wouldn't be cheap :(

Gerald.

If you are spending that kind of money in bulk purchase lasers, you would do well to get yourself a power meter by Coherant or some other reputable firm.

Not only can you check the powers yourself , but you will instill a lot more confidence in any potential customers if you can provide them with a peak and steady output on your lasers before you ship them on.

It may seem like a big outlay at first, but the "Added Value" of an accurate output figure will go a long way to get you more customers and will soon pay for itself.

Jase

Gerald

Well the thing is, I have no idea on how much it will cost and I do not plan using the laser meter long term. Unless someone wants to get it from me in 1-2 months time if not it will be a white elephant sitting in my room. Other than testing it out, there would not be much use for it.

I agree about the Added Value point but I do not see how spending that type of money on a laser check justifies its use. unless like what I said, I can sell it off to anyone who wants to buy one mint condition one.

Gerald

The cheapest solution would be a Lasercheck - it won't log data for you or anything, but it will give you a decent idea of output. Here in the US they run $385 all told, but from what I hear they get more expensive foreign. I think the resell rate on eBay is generally ~$200 so you're talking about losing a little bit over $200 probably.

There are also a few people around here with meters who would gladly help you out if you cover shipping. I can log graphs for anyone interested with my thermal sensor, but I would not suggest shipping those things into the US and then trying ot get them back out again - too risky. Perhaps you can find someone foreign who can help you out?

S

SenKat

Gerald -If you buy a lasercheck, and want to resell it, I will buy it from you for a fair price. If you want to purchase one by "PROXY" - in other words, I bought a lasercheck for a Laser Community member, who lives in Turkey, and shipped it to him - he saved almost $200.00 by having me purchase it for him ! Of course he pay-pal'd the funds first, so I could get it for him, and paid shipping, etc - I think I made $.12 off of helping him out ! LOL Anyways, there are options available, so you can most likely be able to do this with minimal loss to yourself, and it would only benefit you in the long run to do this - that way you can verify that everything works properly before reselling it.

Gerald

Holy Cow.

Reply to Pseudo:
I am really not prepared to spend that type of money on a lasercheck!
Not planning to use this long term and I don't want to lose 200USD for using it for 2 months only :(
It would be great if someone could (loan) [LMAO WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?!??!?!] me their lasercheck. I have a good friend in Syracuse/Layton, Utah who has fantastic decent priority shipping discounts that can ship it over to me cheaply. fedex, stuff like that. I have asked him to get stuff for me before, and pay him the other 50% when I receive the goods :)
Back to the topic, yes shipping the lasers to you will be risky both ways. Customs are stringent now.

Reply to SenKat:
I don't really get it. How does he save 200USD by you shipping it to him? Do you mean that the 200USD was SHIPPING costs charged by the company? Whats proxy? The brand?
I don't mind getting one but I am seriously not willing to pay so much for something I will use for a while.
Not planning to resell the lasers long term. I just wanted to make lots, lots and lots of quick bucks, make sure everything is fine and dandy and then poof, off I go to sell other things like Nalgene bottles in Singapore. I am not too comfortable selling stuff internationally eesp high value items and not legal items.

Problems:
1. Payment problems (solved, thanks Greg)
2. Trust issues (solved, thanks Greg)
3. Communication problems (12 hour time zone difference)
4. Customs!

So yes, thats about it. The reason why I decided to sell internationally is because
Singapore has little laser enthusiasts except for me, recently. And, the deal was too good for me to not buy the lasers. Couldn't resist :p:p

Thanks for all the help guys! Lemme know which lasercheck is good.

Gerald

S

SenKat

Well, Coherent sells laserchecks all over the world. I can buy one for $413 shipped straight from them. If that LC member had bought one, with the taxes for importing stuff and all of that other crap, plus the fees for international, etc - the lasercheck was going to cost him close to $700 by the time everything was added in. So, but him sending me the money, and me buying it for him, and marking it as a pen (per his instructions !) he saved well over $200 .

The brand I reccomend (Good resale value, too) is the lasercheck made by Coherent !

Gerald, look at it from a business point of view though. I'm not sure if you're planning on selling 8 Spyders, but it sounds like you may be. If that's the case, from start to finish you may end up losing $200-300 in buying a lasercheck and then reselling it after testing.

Divide that cost over 8 Spyders and you have ~$25-38 per Spyder. Now consider a laser you're asking ~$900 for. This is just my guess, but I think knowing the true power output would easily add more than $38 in value per laser.

Gerald

I guess so.
Hmm that really made sense but what I am most comfortable to do is to firstly - find someone who will buy my lasercheck if I decide to buy one.
Of course it will be taken good care off and stuff like that.
Yes I know that 40USD is really worth it in ensuring the quality of the spyders I sell.
I'm not a reseller I don't get goods directly from WL.

Will look into that and maybe post a new thread about it as it has gone way off topic, sorry about that guys, my bad!

I plan to sell the 8 Spyders but who would buy them? I have only received 1 response and that wasn't even confirmed :( they are hard to sell.

And then again your last point about it adding more than 38$ per laser.
Looks like I have to check out the pricings and recalculate the price I want to sell the Spyder for.
If it has a guaranteed output, tested by me, at like 250mW then I would definitely be selling it at a higher price :p sorry about phrasing typing in hurry.