Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

120mw Envee, not as bright as it used to be - help needed

Hi all,

I have had a 120mw envee for a long time now and it has been a great laser for me but has suffered a little along the way and is now no way as bright as it once was. I did have the button come off a couple of times and after some attempts at refitting to the driver some of the board was lost so I ended up having to jump a wire to a different point on the board to get it working again. One effect of all the soldering on the board is that there is now no delay when pushing the button but also when batteries are inserted the led lights up faintly without pushing the button. obviously there is damage to the driver so I was wondering if I should swap out the driver for something else? any suggestions ?

Thanks

Definatley swap out the driver, that fact that the delay has been bypassed and the LED
indicator is coming on shows that the driver is out of whack. The fact that its is loosing
power from this either means the driver can no longer support the current demand of
the diode OR that the driver's malfunction has been overdriving the diode and could be
the cause of the power degredation.

Any recommendations on the driver to get ? I dont want to spend a fortune if the diode is half finished but I am fairly sure it could be the board, just need some help getting the right one for the diode.

Many thanks

I would suggest a Flex Drive, i don't know much about the envee laser but i am assuming
it runs on 3V, hence my driver suggestion. Now, as for current, i would rather a more
experienced member suggest tha one. DPSS greens are more difficult to judge diode
current than simple violet or red diode build.