Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

100mW Waterproof Green Laser $65 GB#3

Just got mine in today :D Wonderful lasers, am very pleased. Will post some pics later when I get to my computer. :thanks: kmiller8! +1 for you!

you're welcome. did you like the packaging on yours? :crackup:

links are broken :(

Kevin,
In order to attach images, click the yellow box with the mountain and sun at the top of the text box. Insert your link there, then the images will appear in your post.
Im having problems with those links. ;)

EDIT: Have you gotten yours yet? It seems other people in Indiana have received their's today, along with a few other people.

Somehow I missed this. I didn't get one from your group buy. :D. I got mine in GB 2. I was just kicking myself that I didn't get one from you. Mine came in at 125mw and I couldn't be happier with it.

Anyone else's beam crooked Leaving the aperture???

from what I understand it is incredibly difficult to get a perfectly straight DPSS laser, and seeing as how these are manufactured at lowest cost, i highly doubt they have much QC to check for that. Although one good thing about these is that they have pretty tight beams as compared to some other laser manufacturers.

To those who have bought these lasers for the waterproof aspect.....please use caution when you do use them in water.
I stuck mine in water a few times, had some fun, but never for any long duration. Tonight, I used mine while swimming in the pool, and the output seemed to be diminishing.
So, I thought "the battery died already?" Well, I took it apart, and it had water in the front crystal compartment. There is water between the crystals and the collimating lens now :(
I dried it all out and it seems to be ok. But I havent metered it yet.
I just wanted to give a heads up so no one else has this problem. Maybe its just mine that had issues.
Oh yea, I'd also advise putting silicone o-ring lube on the seals. I have been meaning to do it, but I haven't gotten around to it..... :whistle:

Yea....It was :cryyy: I hope it's ok. :( I'll meter it again once I feel it's completely dry.

Yea....It was :cryyy: I hope it's ok. :( I'll meter it again once I feel it's completely dry.

Oh man. There just aren't words for this........ :(

I still say I don't understand why anyone needs a waterproof laser anyway.

I don't know if that was meant to cheer me up or not, but you have me smiling and chuckling with that link. :thanks:

It seems to be brighter (at least by eye) again, so I'm feeling optimistic.

Ok, so I metered the drowned laser now that it seems to be dry. It still shows having a peak of 255mw!! :D

That's on batteries that weren't charged since my 5-day camping trip last weekend. I used it a lot too on that trip. whew!

So, all seems to be well with the GB#3 Freak. I'm gonna be more careful now....and maybe use one of the other less powerful ones for submerging from now on :whistle: