Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

100mw opto vs x100 nova

Hi im thinking of buying one of those lasers,but i dont know which one should i choose opto has better price + from what i read on this forum great rep also...but i couldnt find any beamshot pictures...and x100 looks really awesome...and the main thing in which im interrested in is beam...so have both same beam visibility of is one better?

I'm interested in this also. I'm currently choosing between opto 150 and nova 150. The latter costs more than twice as much, but is it really worth it?

AndyM

If you look in the group buy section of this forum you will see that there is a CNI group buy. CNI is the company that manufactures the lasers that Nova sells. You can get a 100mw+ laser for about $110 shipped. With all of the money you saved you can get get a few accessories to go with your laser. Many people that have been in previous CNI group buys have been very pleased! Anyway, just throwing another option out there for you to consider!

If you mean that I'd have to make my own laser from assorted CNI parts, then that's not really an option. I am a complete noob when it comes to electrical stuff and, of course, I can't solder.

AndyM

No that is not what I mean at all! You would get a complete laser, which would be identical to the X series from Nova the only difference is it would be half the price! All you have to do is add batteries and enjoy your laser! It really is a great deal. The person who runs the group buy is a very trusted member and has done the group buy several times before. Like I said the people who have previously participated have been VERY pleased and many have participated several times.. All you have to do is PM scopeguy and he will give you more details about everything..

93shad

i just bought an OPTOTRONICS GLP (green laser pointer). it wont bee here for a few days, but from what i here the divergence is good, it is over 150mw but rated at 150mw, where the nova might be rated at 150mw but only average 140mw. plus look at the price. 200$ for me lol. good luck

i just bought an OPTOTRONICS GLP (green laser pointer). it wont bee here for a few days, but from what i here the divergence is good, it is over 150mw but rated at 150mw, where the nova might be rated at 150mw but only average 140mw. plus look at the price. 200$ for me lol. good luck

Since he as already dug up an old thread you are very wrong here. A nova rated at 150 will always be over spec it will never average below ... you should really read up before hatting on a company as nova is bough by laser glow and are one of the top 3 laser distributors.
I have an x125 bough second hand and it does 136mw.

I have a Optotronics 150+ as well. I got it used on this forum and have been very happy with it. It measures up to 121mW using some older batteries one time when I tested it. If I had new batteries, and had the sensor calibrated better. I'm sure it would have been higher.