Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

100mw laser confiscated by customs in Germany. Help?

Cresal

Hello!
I live in Germany and a few weeks ago I ordered this laser pointer:
RIFLE532nm - 100mW Focusable Burning Green Laser
Its a green 100mw laserpointer.

After some time I got mail from the German customs. I had to pick up my package. So I went there and they basically said, I wont get my laser pointer, they will take it to some kind of safety check and the will probably keep the laser.

So I went home and got a call the next day, that the laser is not safe and they will destroy it. And they asked if I agree on that. I said no, so they said they will wait with destroying it and send me some letter. And most likely destroy it then.

So I wonder, has this happened to anyone else here? And is there anything I can do?
And why does lazerer.com not warn me about this, when I buy a laser there? They should know about this problem. Is there any chance in getting my money back, if I wont get my laser?

Thank you for reading!

Sorry to hear about your loss.

You are out of luck unfortunately. German customs are very strict. It is your responsibility to know the applicable laws.

Also lazerer is not responsible for the loss.

We are NOT responsible for custom clearance delay.
Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
We are NOT responsible for any lose, demage to the package during the shipping process.
We don't take any responsibilities in case the laser is confiscated by the custom. It is buyer own risk if they decided to import laser product into their country.

Cresal

Oh ok, thanks for the replies though!

I guess thats a lesson learned.

That's why you should stick to buying from builders, as our builds just look like flashlights and never on a blacklist.

What a bad luck my mate ): i got my laser in 11 days and it was a 100mw green laser as well ): ..