Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1000mW Rominsen 836nm C-Mount

JLSE

Switch said:
Wow, that's an awesome deal.I want super burning power too. :( No matter, I can't afford IR goggles anyway.What kind of units were those? What were they originally used for? :-/

As far as I can tell they were for communication applications but im not 100%. IR goggles can be obtained for 30$ if the same guy is selling on ebay. I cant remember who I got them from, but ive seen the same pair from a few sellers, their the ones in the pics above :)

A 2 watt resistor is not very large and should suffice. At this current, the LM317 will want to be heatsinked. Perhaps you can mill a flat spot somewhere in the head for it, and mount it so that it is isolated. (Teflon pad and nylon screw or suchlike)

It's the same circuit used to supply a 803T or red diode, just by changing the regulator(with a LM338 ) and a resistor to supply a c mount ?
anyone have an idea of a driver for cmount using AC110/220V ?
thanks ;)

Maybe build the LM338 driver into the case of a small 6v power supply that runs off 110/220. Yes, this is the same circuit that is used with DVD or PHR diodes, just changed to a higher current regulator. (LM350 for 3a, LM338 for 5a) Make sure to put a resistor across the output capacitor of your driver. This is a diode saver.

thanks for response, but if the power supply can't supply more than 1A, we can't supply the 3 A needed to a c mount right ? in a logic answer i would say "yes" :)