Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

#100 Red from IQS has disitorted dot?

So I ordered this from ItemQuickShip a few days ago and it came today. It's nice and bright but it has a strange arc going over the top of the dot. I took a pic with my iPod's camera so you can see what I'm talking about.

0eRVM.jpg

Now on camera, the dot and arc are WAY overdone. In real life the dot is a nice sharp point and the arc isn't very visible. Also that lateral line doesn't exist at all. When I rotate the laser the arc turns with it.

Should I return it for a new one or is there an easy fix for this?

Drew

It appears that the lens might be blocking/redirecting part of the beam. It could be the lens or the aim of the laser is not quite right. For $13 it's probably not worth messing with but you could try removing the cap to se if the lens is adjustable/replacable. I don't own one like it so I'm guessing

The cap seems like it's on there pretty good. Is there any special way to get it off?

Drew

The cap on that style pen host has a raised indentation that is press fit into the barrel. wrap 2 layers of paper towel, as to not scratch, and use a pliers on the cap with a twist and pull motion using just enough squeeze to grip the cap. That usually works. I'm not sure if those use a standard Aixiz lens but if you need one I'll send you one. On my way out to get a new phone so good luck

Ok I got the cap off and now it looks like this:
TAUp5.jpg

Apparently the cap is increasing the problem.

Drew

Your pics are point blank range but it looks like the problem is solved. Is that carpet? Try pointing at something darker and smoother, you'll get a better picture that's more defined and easier for the camera to deal with. Drill the hole in the cap a little bigger, then put it back on and call it a day

I know it's hard to see from the pic. It doesn't seem to help no matter what I point it on but here's a better idea of what I'm actually seeing. The black represents the red light that I see.

vJagf.png

There's two half arcs above the dot and a strange line beneath it. That's without the cap on at all.