Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

100-200mw green laser. What can i do with it???

Lookyp

Just before I start I want to say that I'm a newbie and this is my second laser I have bought after moving on from a 5mw laser that I had.

I bought a laser which is advertised as 150mw. It is a green laser and the it is advertised as a burning laser. I want to know what I can do with a laser that has 150mw output power apart from just shining it around. What could I burn? Is the beam visible in a lit room? Can it cut electrical tape? What is this 150mw laser capable of???

Ps: I do have safety goggles if you're worried about me blinding myself.

Last edited:

Just before I start I want to say that I'm a newbie and this is my second laser I have bought after moving on from a 5mw laser that I had.

I bought a laser which is advertised as 150mw. It is a green laser and the it is advertised as a burning laser. I want to know what I can do with a laser that has 150mw output power apart from just shining it around. What could I burn? Is the beam visible in a lit room? Can it cut electrical tape? What is this 150mw laser capable of???

Ps: I do have safety goggles if you're worried about me blinding myself.
What Laser is it? Anyway once you get it, you can do all these burning things with it when it is focused to a needle point. Set up your lab in a safe place where things won't reflect or get burned. A brick or back of a tile makes a good beam stop. Goggles on and go for it. By standers need goggles too if they are to observe burning close up.

Lookyp

What Laser is it? Anyway once you get it, you can do all these burning things with it when it is focused to a needle point. Set up your lab in a safe place where things won't reflect or get burned. A brick or back of a tile makes a good beam stop. Goggles on and go for it. By standers need goggles too if they are to observe burning close up.
When you say burn, what things can I burn if the output is 150mw? Also I forgot to mention that the laser has a focusable lens...

Lol. You will just have to try for your self. Darker things burn better. Don't try to burn shiny things like foil wrappers, matallic paper.

Lookyp

Haha alright. So can the laser make dark leather smoke? Do you think it'll be able to cut electrical tape?

Lookyp

Thanks everyone! Expecting the laser today. Hopefully it'll arrive!