Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

100/150/200mW from Dealextreme.

• Thread starter Deleted member 8382
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8382

I've got a guy who buy my true 50mW laser from dealextreme for 40[ch8364], so now I'm planning to buy another one from there. I know buying any of these units will give me a ton of IR, a lot underspec etc...

I'm really just looking for the higher mW laser on DX for its price, no matter if i buy the 200mW and get 120.

What makes me ask here is the fact that the 100mW is marked as true, the 150mW is just 3$ more and then the 200mW is 20$ more than the 150mW one.

So, asuming all are underspec, wich one would you buy? And overall, do someone got one or more of this 3 units and can tell me about them?  

I'm just gonna use it outside so I feel I'm save even with 2W of IR :p

Do not tell me to go O-like, I know its the best site for modules, but I want an assambled unit.

Yours,
Albert

Eku

I'd say that true 100mw or the 150mw.

They'd proberly both be around the same output.

But no way in hell would I get the 200mw it spew out tons of IR and proberly a couple of green photons and overheat quickly.

http://www.qualitychinagoods.com/200mw-532nm-green-laserl200v1-p-1246.html

OK, first, I can guarantee you won't recieve a 200mW if you order this (I didn't) - HOWEVER the output is at least as bright as my confirmed 130mW+ greenie, and it lights red matches at a foot almost immediately (definitely running 100mW-120mW at least)... For roughly $75, and given the fact that Emily at QCG has impressed me with her customer service (I actually order from their sister site which is for larger quantites/wholesale) I would throw this one out as a candidate for you to consider.

PLUS, you can use your CR2 rechargeables from your Dilda, so no need for new charger/batteries, etc!

(I named the pic "50mW_Huh" because someone on another thread laughed when I recommended this, said there was no way it put out even 50mW, blah blah blah - the proof is in the unretouched photo of me lighting a red match at a foot with his post on the screen in the background!)

Attachments

• 50mW_Huh_001.jpg
    50mW_Huh_001.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 166
D

Deleted member 8382

The batteries I'm selling are 3.6V, I'm not going to take risk in a green laser. Dilda is another world when it comes to voltage increasing :p Thanks for the info anyways.

75$ is not that bad if its 130mW...

Here's a direct beam comparison with my confirmed 130mW+ greenie (I have very limited access to an LPM and haven't gotten an exact reading on this one yet but hope to before weeks end)...

And I am really happy with this laser for $75, nice pocketable host (really compact) and bright beam, the only thing I'd change (other than making it the full rated 200mW) would be the beam divergence (a little thick for my taste but very visible and still burns halfway decent).

Attachments

• 200mW_compare_SZW_FP_001.jpg
    200mW_compare_SZW_FP_001.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 210
D

Deleted member 8382

This 200 mW from SZWholesale seems to be a bit more power than the other considering the beam diameter. What do you consider a bad divergence? could you make some measurements?

And do anyone here own the 150mW unit from dealextreme? It's just that for 3$ feel stupid buying the 100mW unit xD

brew city.......i think that the laser that you have is very good.... BUT.. i hate cr2 battery XD they have low mah.....i would prefer cr123 or 18650. i am fraid to use a 150 aboout laserpointer powered by ONLY one little cr2. can you undestrand me? the duration of the laser is an important thing for me. with cr2 you can have a LITTLE laserpointer but not with very long play usage. :(

D

Deleted member 8382

That's not true at all, my dilda had a good battery life! anyways it's just a battery, charge it again and ready to go xD

I do not care about battery type or the laser style at all.

Anyways, seeing you all hate the DX 200 pen, between the true 100mW and the 150mW why would you choose the true 100mW? Does the word "true" really means something?

"True" is a marketing gimmick started by DX - they know as well as we all do that almost all of their lasers are underspec, so they started calling certain models "true" to make them seem to be closer to the rated specs (unfortunately, this is almost never the case).

Oh, and Realista - the battery life isn't so bad with this laser, I had mine with me last weekend for 3 shows and again last night, all in all probably about an hour or possibly more of "on time" and it's still lasing strong (just lit a red match in 2 seconds while sitting here typing this!)

Personally, I like the size of this little powerhouse (here it is next to my cell phone, see what I mean, it's REALLY small) - it fits in a pocket really easily and considering what it puts out, it's pretty impressive. (When I drag out the Hercules, at a foot and a half long people say "WOW" and expect it to burn the hell outta stuff, but when they see this little teeny laser fire up matches, etc they REALLY go "WOW" because they don't expect that much power out of something this small)...

Just a matter of opinion, I guess!

Attachments

• 01_001.jpg
    01_001.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 145
--Hallucynogenyc-- said:
The batteries I'm selling are 3.6V, I'm not going to take risk in a green laser. Dilda is another world when it comes to voltage increasing :p Thanks for the info anyways.

75$ is not that bad if its 130mW...

BrewCityMusic,
For the beam shot, did you use the 3.0v or a 3.6v for the " little powerhouse" ?
If not, have you tryed a juice 3.6v?

D

Deleted member 8382

I'm considering to buy a bluray built cuz for the same price I'm gona get same power and it looks much better xD

Anyways when I have a definitive price i'll decide, because I feel this one BrewCityMusic have is maybe just a good unit :/

Yours,
Albert

D

Deleted member 8382

Come one isn't there anyone here who own one of those and can tell me? gogo!

i can say that i hate the NON momentary push botton power. i have the dilda and the kaleidoscopic laser from dx( sse my review) and.. it is a lot better to have a botton like all normal pointer... instead to have at the end of the laser....a switch on/off. it is not comfortable to use in the hand....really....

root

I'm thinking about buying the true 100mw green laser from DX, but is there any other site that sells a 100mw or more green laser for about the same price or a little more expensive then DX but with better quality/real output?