Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1.5w Rifle Laser Lenses. Lazerer

Hello, after a incident with this laser recently I have got goggles with it to prevent any further mistakes. And after reviewing my 1.5w rifle a bit I noticed that there is 1 lense out of the 5 lenses that doesnt seem to have any effect and I dont think there is any glass type substance on the lense part. I was wondering possibly from any rifle laser owners or anyone else what does this lense do I am assuming it is a burning lense but I cannot tell the difference? And if not do I need a burning lense for this because when I was burning stuff today I felt that the laser was underspec at burning. Maybe it is all in my head as the power certificate from Max shows it about 1.6W. Either way I would like to know what this 1 lense does and does anyone know if there is some kind of burning lense I can buy to put on this to make it even more powerful at burning? Thanks for the help.

Try posting some pictures of the lens in question, that will help us help you. Also, do you have a focusing lens or a magnifying glass that will focus the laser? That will help with burning.

On a side note, any laser over 5mW will permanently damage your eyes upon exposure... if you got hit in the eye by a 500mW+ laser, see a doctor IMMEADIATELY. No joke on that.

I find that whenever I have gotten or seen a laser that has lenses, there is usually one that is just a plain lense. That is just my experience.

I was thinking along the lines of WL's safety lens, it just cuts the output power by about 4x or so

If the lens hole is big enough, try looking through it. Anything interesting? For WL's safety lens, it looks exactly the same as the standard lens, it's just a darker tint kind of thing. Good luck

Bump can someone help me know what this lense is and help me find a burning lense for this laser if need be.