Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Youtube crackdown

Is YouTube having a crackdown on accounts that are violating copyright or what? You guys probably noticed the kid ranting about his videos getting removed and account getting terminated. I just checked and both my accounts have been terminated. I had music from various rappers so yes I broke the copyright. Im not gonna rant like him though im just going to start all over. Anyone else's account get terminated? Oh well.... :( :tired:

I think unfortunately this is just the beginning.

Demand Progress

Essentially if you live in the US... start reading on how to bypass US servers. Also don't think for a second that you have any privacy online.

The copyright system in america is BROKEN, but of course instead of adapting to new technology and working on delivery systems, copyrights holders continue to push for way to punish their own consumers, and sue their ways to profit. How F*CKED up is that?

Last edited:
Wow that is bad. I have never heard of this bill before. So me and that other guy wont be the only ones. And its not only going to affect YouTube, Facebook and twitter too. :0

Last edited:
I don't think the current version of PIPA/SOPA will pass, but eventually something will.

When it does... well... it's definitely going to have an impact, and not a positive one imo.

I've been using torrents since around 2003, and cancelled my cable subscription in 2006.

Fact of the matter is even with netflix, hulu and other crap, it's STILL easier to download what you want to see, when you want to see a decade after the technology existed.

The premise of this legislation is to prop up an already failed system, and if you google sopa/pipa you will see that the "people" are definitely against this legislation.

Until and unless politicians no longer feel safe in their offices, this country is on a one way trip to the third world. As it is, the same crooks are able to stay in office by manipulating the very systems meant to keep them in check... just look up what's going on with redistricting... it essentially invalidates the few votes that are actually cast.

One example is that it's very hard to post Prince videos on youtube.
There's an ongoing lawsuit between him and youtube.
He has his people searching for his videos to have them removed.
We use code names in the titles instead of his name or we just list the song name in the title instead.
It makes it harder for his people to find them.
Forget about the well known commercial stuff, it's garbage.
I'm talking about the bootlegs and the amazing underground material.
Example: North Sea Jazz Festival (Holland) four months ago.
Enjoy ;)

Actually youtube is also using a fingerprinting program to ID copyrighted content, which is to me seems very orwellian.

Basically copyright holders scan their content, and any matching already existing content is automatically flagged, and control over the content is handed over to the copyright holder.

Unfortunately the system is far from perfect.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if ccbcwhatever's videos were flagged for in such a manner.

Last edited:
Actually youtube is also using a fingerprinting program to ID copyrighted content, which is to me seems very orwellian.

Basically copyright holders scan their content, and any matching already existing content is automatically flagged, and control over the content is handed over to the copyright holder.

Unfortunately the system is far from perfect.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if ccbcwhatever's videos were flagged for in such a manner.

Wow they are getting serious about this stuff. Anyway I dont think his videos got flagged beacuse of us. So he started a rant thread about us for no reason. :tsk:

Wow they are getting serious about this stuff. Anyway I dont think his videos got flagged beacuse of us. So he started a rant thread about us for no reason. :tsk:

That's what children do... they lash out at anyone and
anything with no substantiated reason... because they
got a boo-boo.

Jerry

That's what children do... they lash out at anyone and
anything with no substantiated reason... because they
got a boo-boo.

Jerry

Got that right. By the way how do you guys put music in your videos without violating the copyright?