Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

yellow pointer that is actually yellow

gbp007

Hi , ive been reading about the yellow pointers not really being yellow but more of an amber color but i came across this website that has one that it is actually pure yellow. Which model is this and where can i get it ? here is the website im talking about below -

technologyevangelist.com/2006/02/colored_laser_pointe.html

That is a fake pic (the beam was edited, and very poorly too). Not to say that there aren't true yellow-looking lasers, but none are portable, and they would cost many many thousands for puny weaklings of a laser. "Yellow" lasers, at either 593.5nm DPSS or 594.1nm HeNe, are old traffic light yellow according to Sam Goldwasser of Sam's laser FAQ, and I personally consider them orange yellow. The only pen-portable yellow in existence to my knowledge is the Rigel style that Laserglow sells for $300 (yeah, not cheap). If you are interested in one though, I am currently offering some for ~$200 I believe. There's a post about it somewhere on these forums. Good luck.