Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Yellow Laser Beam Visibility Question

AaronScoones

Hi there, I'm Aaron. Just entered the wild and wonderful world of lazing. :cool:
Er, lasing, I mean. :oops:

Been looking at yellow laser pointers for a while and watching videos from others about them.
Before I go ahead and buy one, I wanted to ask a burning question (tee hee :sneaky:).

Does anyone know if any model of yellow lasers have visible beams, like the red, green and blue?
Or do yellow laser beams require fog machines and/or foggy spaces?

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
The beam of a 589nm becomes slightly noticeable in a dark room at around 10mW+. Unfortunately the primary source a lot of members got their 589's from no longer sell portables. Dragon Lasers used to be the best value place to get hold of that wavelength. They are a reseller of CNI. So unless you know of another reliable source then good luck getting hold of one. I own a 5mW rated Aurora and a 50mW rated Spartan. The Aurora would hit 5-7mW and a beam would start to become visible in a very dark room. However the 50mW+ Spartan has a beam visible in a dimly lit room. 589nm isn't that bright a wavelength as our eyes become less sensitive to that wavelength in darker conditions. Fog will obviously bring out any visible laser beam brightly.