Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Yagoo Industrial Co. Ltd

I promised to keep u updated so here is my second letter to them.

______________________________________________________________________________________
Dear Amy.

Thank you very much for asking. I'm fine. I hope you're
doing well too.

This time i am writing to you on behalf of www.laserpointerforums.com .

We are a great community with more than 5000 members all over the world.
Our community does reviews on lasers on a regular basis.

If you are interested in getting your lasers reviewed properly and the result spread to many people all over the globe you could
definitely meliorate your market ranking and get a nice boost to your sales. Not to mention the reputation your
company could be getting for selling 1st quality laser products.

I am sure for a company like yours it will be easy to send a free sample over and we guarantee you to bring out
a very detailed report of the laser provided.

You are more than welcome to join our community and take part in discussions etc.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Kind regards
Stephan
____________________________________________________________________________________________

here's their question after a week of silence from my side

Dear Stephan,

How are you?

Hope your everything is doing very well.

I want to know how about our quotation on green laser pointer 100MW?

Do you want to buy one sample to test the quality and market?

I know there is some company offered lower output power than real output power.

We give you our words,our product's output power is real output power 100MW,not 80MW,50MW.....

We shipped many goods to UK,Russia,Italy etc. every month.

Look forward to cooperate with you in the near future.

Best regards

Amy Xu
YAGOO INDUSTRIAL CO.,LTD
E-mail:yagoo1@yagoocn.com
Tel:0086-755-84416448
Fax:0086-755-84416448
MSN:yagoocn@hotmail.com

Well, I really hate these reviews. If you end up getting an item to review, 99% chance it will be cherry picked. For example, Senkat's 9 mW auruora blue. Sorry, but that is not an average unit, nor would I consider that review when buying a blue. If they sent you a 1 mW sample, that is completely different in my opinion. Then, there would be much more negatives, such as "cannot be seen without fog".

If you want a real review, do it like Pseudo did to DragonLasers, where he bought the lasers and tested them. If out of spec, return them through the 7 day policy, if not, enjoy it.

If they know it's going to be a review, it will turn out to be like Nero's bullshit where he gets a 300 mW unit, and if you buy it, you may get a 100 mW unit.

Very well said. In order to truly review a company and their products, you absolutely need to review them while being treated like one of their many customers. Then you get a representative sample, and if there are issues, representative customer service.

I wonder how many members are interested enough in a particular laser to put some money up for a truly representative review? I would be willing to send money to (a forum mod) as part of a "review fund," sort of like buying shares in LPF. If 25 people sent $10, there would be enough money to review greens in the 100mw range and below. (Of course it would take more interest to get our hands on blue lasers or higher power samples which is where lots of the interest probably lies.) It would at least give a more accurate snapshot of a company and their CS reviewing lasers we could afford, and that information would still be useful when members choose a company to trust for a higher end purchase.

One way to manage this fund:
1. Members send money to SenKat or other forum mod. Money goes into LPF Review fund.
2. LPF orders a laser using friends, family, some not so well-known name and address.
3. Laser is reviewed.
4. If it is a nice unit, up to spec, something the members want it can be placed up for auction.
5. Those members who contributed to the Review Fund can bid first, starting bid = purchase price.
6. If no takers, all membership can bid. Starting bid would be the price paid by LPF less 15%.
7. If the unit is crap, it goes back (probably costing 15% restock fee.)

Every laser LPF reviews could have the potential of costing the Fund a restocking fee (providing we can't get the company to agree to waive fee if the laser fails to perform.) That risk has to be born by those who contribute. If it isn't up to stated spec, we of course have the option of pressuring the company to refund 100% by revealing the purchaser's affiliation with LPF as a reviewer. The fund donators would have the option of asking for a return of their donation (minus operating costs from restocking fees etc.) For myself, I would consider the donation an entertainment expense ;)

This same concept could be used for a special purchase rather than a general fund for reviews. If enough people really want a 9mw blue or something, once enough members post their interest in a GB style post, money is solicited, laser purchased, reviewed, auctioned or returned, remaining money returned if no one wanted the laser.

This idea might be too much of a headache to implement, but hooefully it provoked some thought.

H

High_Octane

A bit of a twist to the original idea.

Another way to manage this fund:
1. Members send money to SenKat or other forum mod. Money goes into LPF Review Raffle fund.
2. LPF orders a laser using friends, family, some not so well-known name and address.
3. Laser is reviewed.
4. If it is a nice unit, up to spec, something the members want it can be placed up for a Raffle.
5. Those members who contributed to the Review Raffle Fund will have their name added to the Raffle.
6. Proceeds would be used for crappy units that are not worth keeping, and used for the next purchase and any restocking fees that apply.

This could be called the LPFRRF :)

I believe this method will generate more interest and therefore more funds.

High Octane said:
A bit of a twist to the original idea.

Another way to manage this fund:
1.  Members send money to SenKat or other forum mod.  Money goes into LPF Review Raffle fund.
2.  LPF orders a laser using friends, family, some not so well-known name and address.
3.  Laser is reviewed.
4.  If it is a nice unit, up to spec, something the members want it can be placed up for a Raffle.
5.  Those members who contributed to the Review Raffle Fund will have their name added to the Raffle.
6.  Proceeds would be used for crappy units that are not worth keeping, and used for the next purchase and any restocking fees that apply.

This could be called the LPFRRF  :)

I believe this method will generate more interest and therefore more funds.
That is a great idea! We could end up getting good lasers and we could also tell which companies are scams. I really think we should use thaty idea on some of the newer companies coming up.