Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

X85 or X105

Man i cant make up my mind between X85 and X105. I know there are a lot of people asked this question already, but i cant resist on asking this question myself. I am sure both will have the same brightness, but then again more power is like candy. Is it really that X85 can do all the things X105 does but with longer time?

Thanks.

i have a 90mW X85, and a 112mW CNI that would be rated an X105. the latter certainly burns stuff quicker and easier...that's about all i can say though really. hope you enjoy it either way :) and actually maybe it's just in my head, but the X85 does appear to have a very *slightly* dimmer beam to me...

i need more support toward X105 ;)

Are you saying that X85 would burn anything that x105 does?

i have had several viper 95mW which are pretty much equivalent to the x85
and i have 2x ~125mW from pseudo

everything i put in front of the 125mW lights up instantly
the 95mW usually takes a few seconds

I would go with the x105, so you never have to wonder again

rizky_p, just get the 105, you'll have a lot of fun with it :) and i would say that the 85 would *maybe* burn anything that the 105 does, but sometimes with a lot of extra effort. things that are hard for the 105 to burn would be a nightmare with the 85.

"You never can have too much power!" Think of that when buying your laser, I love my X105, lights matches almost instantly on new batteries. I really think you should go for the X105.

LarryQ

I have never yet read that someone was ever dissatisfied with their Nova because it was TOO POWERFUL!... ;)

I went for the X-105 because I KNEW...JUST KNEW..if I hadn't..I would always have Wondered "What am I missing"...

Yes..I admit I have a Problem....that's Half the Battle..Isn't it?!?!?

Good Luck!!!

Larry

P.S....I had sent you a PM earlier today.....the status in my outbox shows you haven't read it yet.

gmAg21

dude get the x105! ive been researching it and its worth it. i was differing between the the 2 like you are, and the price range is sooo worth it. its only a few extra bucks for all that extra power. think, ull get the x85 and be like WHOA THIS IS AMAZING! and ull be thinkin damn i wonder what i power coulda had with the x105. from what ive heard x105 rocks socks and im bout to purchase one so id go with that bro :p

Gazoo

Yes, I definitely agree. And spend the extra and get the case for it too, it's awesome and you also get 1050 lightyears with it, and I am sure you will probably get a free diffraction grating. And don't forget to use the forum discount.

Joining this forum might be bad for my bank account  :)

I'll get the X105 thanks guys now the choice is easy.  Just have to wait a few week more to gather all the money and probably have to buy something for the wife as well  :p

Thankfully i wasnt asking for X125 otherwise you will be over me to buy X125 instead  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I am sure X105 will satisfiy my "child" curiosity for a long time.

X125?? what X125  :-X :-X

Gazoo

Naw...the X125 is rare..so I don't think anyone would have been pushing you to get that one. Plus it is quite a price jump from the X105 to the X125. But whenever you get the X105, I have no doubt you will like it very much.. :D