Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTS: Homemade DIY Video Projector

F2a

Is this allowed here? I just figured that since you guys are all DIY that you would appreciate this. Even though there is no work required. Anyway here is some info. I really want to sell local in the north DFW area.

-720p High Definition Video Projector. I used it for video games and movies.
-Homemade completely by ME. And I'm a perfectionist. Quality is top notch I guarantee it, I built it. The only reason I'm even attempting to sell it is because I have made a second one.
-THE BULB LASTS 15,000 HOURS. YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT. THE REPLACEMENT COST IS ONLY ~$45.00 !!!!! Compare that to a commercial projector where you are paying hundreds of dollars to replace a bulb that doesn't last near that long! That is the main reason why I decided to build my own projector.
- Ports: 1 HDMI , 1 Composite , 1 component , 1 VGA, 1 TV tuner (untested, I've never had TV).
- size: 27.75" x 12" x 13.25" . Notice that this is not as small as a commercial projector, that is the one downside. Also it is heavy
- Current bulb has been running for over a year and probably has a long time left.
- High definition video quality is amazing I can show if interested.
- Has remote for the controller to adjust the lcd settings and input.
- Automatic temperature sensor circuit designed by me. ( The fan keeps running until the projector is cooled down to a user set temperature)
- Requires no maintainance
- Can be pointed at different angles, design allows for this.
- The tricky part, the projector works best at around 9 or 10 feet from the screen or less. At 9 feet the image is ~110" . Farther away and the image is just too big.

$600... or trade . The parts alone cost way more then that plus my labor of love. This was not built to sell.

Last edited:

hrm... bump the price down a bit and i'll probably take it... i've been known to be a sucker for projectors...

and to solve your immage focus at 9" issue, add a focusing lens like in most LCD projectors to slightly pull the focus in or out, it will crisp or decrisp the picture im pretty sure...

F2a

Thanks! I would bump the price down but I am scared to ship it. I would have to disassemble it a little. There is no focus issue the projector focuses great. What I was basically trying to say was that as you move it farther away the image gets bigger obviously.