Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB High Power short wavelenght laser module for cutting thin films

Hi, I'm in need of a powerful light source for cutting polyamide organic films like Kapton on a cnc machine.

I'm assuming any wavelength between 405 to 475 would suffice with an output power between a true 2 to 4 watts.

any style of laser would work regardless if it's a module with external driver or an entire package unit (im even interested in laser pointers so long as they meet the next set of requirements).

I do however require one that can run stable for more than 30 minutes at a time. and the collimator should allow for focusing to a very narrow spot a few inches from the aperture its self.

Please pm me if you have anything that might work!!

Thanks,

I would recommend an M140 or 9mm diode, module, driver and a good size heatsink. If you're cutting
intricate patterns, the PL TB450B might give you a finer cut. It can give highly concentrated light even
though it's slightly under 2W. DTR sells everything but the heatsink. I have some PL TB450B, but can't
give you a better price than DTR! (Thanks, FedEx :mad:) I may be able to do a heatsink for you if you
have trouble finding one.

Don't forget safety glasses! Even looking at the focused dot can cause eye damage at these powers.
Get some from Survival Laser.