Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Custom Host Made To Provided Specs

I love simple things so im looking for a very simple host. The name of the game here is to make it look as much like one piece of aluminum as possible. Minimal parting lines on host and a Larger, close tolerance, flush metal rear clicky.

Other than that the design is very simple

I made a rough sketch to get an idea. Actual dimensions can be worked out later.

4074-simplicity-laser-host.jpg

Im not looking to pay an arm and a leg but im willing to pay for good work. I may even be interested in several depending on the price.

I will be making reviews of several lasers including this one when its done so it could be a great way to show off your skills or gain some rep as a custom host maker on the forum! :beer:

Anyone interested? If so I would like some rough estimates as well as links to or pictures of previous work if possible.

Edit: I am willing to put money down etc to show that im serious

Thanks!

Last edited:

This looks kinda like an original kryton with a focusing cap, maybe someone has a smooth (original kryton) to spare, you'd need a focusing cap though.

One name comes immediately to mind...

Ehgemus

My thoughts as well. I PM'd him right away but I thought id give anyone interested a shot :D

I found some push buttons on google that might fit the bill as well! Specifically the one with the illuminated blue ring :drool:

images

Although the blue ring would take away from the clean look it would be worth it if it actually lit up during use!

The 2" x 7" can also be modified if need be but I thought that size would look nice.

Last edited:

Kevlar

One name comes immediately to mind...

Ehgemus

Exactly!!

I've gotten an Ehgemus host (sold) and talk about quality machine work!! Wow!! The tolerances were so close, when you screwed on the tail cap, you couldn't even see a seam. It looked like one sold piece.

And those clickies are nice. Ehgemus should be able to work that into the build if you want.

Im currently in contact with him and a few others and the options are looking quite nice!

One thing I would like to know is if anyone has the capability to produce 1.5"-2" hosts? I was really hoping this thing would be a nice heavy beast! If not ill have to scale it down.

hydguy

I think I can help you out with this. But I can tell you 2" X 7" is going to be bigger than you think when you get it in your hand. I can just make you one like the "black Friday" but to your dims. I didnt use a Aixiz. LD is pressed into head cap, but I could get an aixiz in there. I dont have one on hand but they are all over E-bay.
let me know...

I want it too be big!

Im purchasing a lathe in the next few days so I will probably just make it myself. Ive have experience with some nice southbends so im sure I can pick up using the mini lathe quickly even with its challenges.

Hopefully your mini comes set fairly straight. Mine was (and still is!) out enough that I really don't try doing anything with it.

I hope you got a 12 or 14" though, I doubt you could do any inside work on a piece that long on a 10"

Hopefully your mini comes set fairly straight. Mine was (and still is!) out enough that I really don't try doing anything with it.

I hope you got a 12 or 14" though, I doubt you could do any inside work on a piece that long on a 10"

7x12

I did my research and it sounds like the 7x_ lathes can do some decent work if adjusted correctly. And yes the 7x10" is actually 4" shorter than the 7x12 so that was a no brainer choice for me.

Im not planning on building any parts for a jet engine so as long as it can get close it will fit my needs