Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB 589 or 473nm laser

gozert

Edit: No longer needed. Decided to get a 473nm from Jetlasers.

Last edited:

Oops this didn't post until today.:
Honestly if you ask me, I would forego the 473. I don't own one but the way we are pushing the 462 diodes the wavelength color is getting pretty close to sky blue. @ two watts to boot. For the price of the 473 I could settle for ndb7576 build.

The yellow wavelengths are quite impressive from what I see and there has been sone discussion that they might not be available in the handheld platform for much longer. They still sell them.

these are just things to consider.

gozert

Oops this didn't post until today.:
Honestly if you ask me, I would forego the 473. I don't own one but the way we are pushing the 462 diodes the wavelength color is getting pretty close to sky blue. @ two watts to boot. For the price of the 473 I could settle for ndb7576 build.

The yellow wavelengths are quite impressive from what I see and there has been sone discussion that they might not be available in the handheld platform for much longer. They still sell them.

these are just things to consider.

I didn't go for a 462 just because it has a bad divergence and ugly dot/beam, which I absolutely hate. For the 589, I've been thinking about getting one from DL. But since there are a few members that are very disappointed with the quality and output of them, I decided to not buy it. Aside of that, I found a way to get my Jetlasers 473 for about 100$ less with an easy trick. Which I'll reveal once I've received my 473.

I might go ahead and still buy a 589nm along with the one I just purchased. I just want to be sure I'm not getting anything near the 10mW output some have been getting from the DL's. Any advice? Thanks for your insight!

Last edited:
Ahh beam spects. You're right the divergence on the 462 isn't excellent. The DL DPSS module should offer you a pretty good dot opposed to the bar shape.
I'm in the market myself for a 589 so I'm still poking around. Keep me updated if you find anything promising and I'll do the same.

Theres a good thread posted in the "companies" section in this forum. CNI vs DL. Smeerworst did a great LPM video of the 589 PLG. I can't link back right now because I'm on my moble but it's pretty recent. Very interesting.

gozert

Ahh beam spects. You're right the divergence on the 462 isn't excellent. The DL DPSS module should offer you a pretty good dot opposed to the bar shape.
I'm in the market myself for a 589 so I'm still poking around. Keep me updated if you find anything promising and I'll do the same.

Theres a good thread posted in the "companies" section in this forum. CNI vs DL. Smeerworst did a great LPM video of the 589 PLG. I can't link back right now because I'm on my moble but it's pretty recent. Very interesting.

Thanks, will take a look for sure.