Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

FrozenGate by Avery

WTB: 480nm and 500nm Pen Lasers

Actually it's not my collection but it does belong to a LPF member. Very impressive indeed. I want it! Unfortunately I don't know the LPF member name.

Maybe it's from Ears and Eggs ? Or you need to check a bit in the *members collection* section
Nice and various collection of colors lasers

482 might be reasonably achievable but I dunno about 479-480. Gotta get luckier than I have been, based on what I've measured.

500nm, you can do what I did and buy 50 505s off ebay and bin them then send the module out to a builder. The ones in 12mm modules with an extra brass ring in the focus adapter tended to have lower wavelengths. Or, you can wait for sharp's 3.8mm 498nm specced diode to release.

482 might be reasonably achievable but I dunno about 479-480. Gotta get luckier than I have been, based on what I've measured.

500nm, you can do what I did and buy 50 505s off ebay and bin them then send the module out to a builder. The ones in 12mm modules with an extra brass ring in the focus adapter tended to have lower wavelengths. Or, you can wait for sharp's 3.8mm 498nm specced diode to release.

I’d much rather skip the binning part. Good news I received an offer from a builder to make the 500nm.

For 480nm, I’m trying my luck here. I see Roithner is offering a 50mW 480nm diodes for kind of reasonable price but didn’t see it discussed anywhere.

Didn't see or try their offerings, though fair warning RPMC offers some with a RWLD part #, but they are just binned sharp diodes @482nm that are priced nearly 30x what the sharp diodes cost

Binning then selling the remaining diodes off might be a better option as members here would buy these if the wavelength in known.

Back